helen1987

Well when i say Newbie i just mean to MiniMins and this forum
16x16_smiley-happy.gif

Ive been a slimming world member for a long time now..... too long in fact.....and ive found myself becoming a bit 'bored'!!!

ive lost 3 stone so far with SW, but i would still like to lose 2 or 3 stone more...... eeek!!
i
ve recently found myself at a bit of a 'plateau' i seem to have been losing and gaining the same 2 or 3 lbs for months now, and i can safely say i have become a bit disheartened by it.

i have definately lost my way, so i thought i would sign up on here, to see if it can help get my enthusiasm and determination for weight loss back
16x16_smiley-happy.gif

Helen x

Welcome Helen,

I've only been going to slimming world for about 4 weeks now but the thought has often crossed my mind about plateauing. It seems to happen to a lot of people and I've noticed in my group that people are often losing and gaining the same bit of weight.

Do you do much exercise and if so what types? I think this whole plateau thing is only temporary and you can definitely keep losing more weight.

Welcome Helen,

I've only been going to slimming world for about 4 weeks now but the thought has often crossed my mind about plateauing. It seems to happen to a lot of people and I've noticed in my group that people are often losing and gaining the same bit of weight.

Do you do much exercise and if so what types? I think this whole plateau thing is only temporary and you can definitely keep losing more weight.

Hi Chris,

Thanks for your reply :)

Exercise? what on earth is that? haha!!
i have an office job, and even the printer is on my desk so i really dont have to move very far all day!

Funnily enough, i was saying at group at the w/end that this week i was definately going to try and incorporate some exercise into my week (even if its just a brisk walk in my lunch hours) but so far............. ZILCH!!

i know i should, but i really dont want to (lol) i guess im going to have to, to give myself a kick start again!!

That, and maybe change the things im eating....... i seem to eat a lot of the same meals week in/week out and i think my body could probably do with a change :)

Congratulations with your brilliant weight losses so far, what do you think of the plan? what kinda foods have you been eating etc......

x

well done on your weight loss so far x

ive been a slimming worldian for many years but have only lost a significant amount of weight through using this forum!

look forward to sharing your journey with you.

Thanks both for your replies

(Chris, sorry, im sure I posted a reply to you yesterday, but it doesn’t seem to have worked?!)

So Exercise, how much do I do? Currently? None…….. I don’t have much time for it to be honest, but more than that, I really don’t want to lol.
I think your right though, and that probably is the answer, if I was to start even just a little exercise it would probably kick start my weight loss again…..
I always have the intention of starting, but It always gets put off until ‘next week’

Congratulations on your great losses to both of you………

How do you find the plan? What types of foods and meals do you have?

I love the plan, but I seem to be eating the same meals every week at the minute, and I think my body needs a change J

x

Well done on great progress so far Helen.

I promised that if you do incorporate some exercise into your life then you will really give your metabolism the shake it needs and you will see results.

I know you say you have an aversion to exercise but exercise doesn't necessarily mean sweating it out at the gym. It's best to build it into part of your routine. Could you go for a power walk during your lunch hour for example? Or would you buy a stepper (they are about £50) and you could do half an hour in front of your favourite TV programme a few nights a week?

If you start moving, so will the scales! It's really that simple hon so I suppose it depends how much you really want to lose that last couple of stone. If you really want to shift it then you also need to start moving, you'll be amazed by how quickly you get into it and enjoy it!

Thanks Abfab, i know you are right (but doesnt mean i like to hear it.... haha)

im definately going to start moving though...... and a walk in my lunch hour really wouldnt be too difficult.....

i think i might actually start on my bronze body magic award..... maybe the sticker would make it all worth while :) x

You'd be surprised just how many calories you burn from a 40-50 minute steady walk on your lunch break. I have a heart rate monitor watch that works out how many calories you burn and I wore it one day for a 40 minute walk.

I was going at a very steady pace and it was pretty flat and it still says I burnt about 600 calories. Something like this will do you wonders and it's genuinely enjoyable. As you find it easier and easier you'll naturally feel like pushing yourself harder.

Try it, you'll be surprised ;)

Thanks Abfab, i know you are right (but doesnt mean i like to hear it.... haha)

im definately going to start moving though...... and a walk in my lunch hour really wouldnt be too difficult.....

i think i might actually start on my bronze body magic award..... maybe the sticker would make it all worth while :) x

The sticker will make it totally worthwhile! I'm on Week seven of my Gold Body Magic Challenge and have enjoyed it all so much. Setting yourself the target for the Bronze Award and making the commitment to start moving will really motivate you to continue when you see results hon. Like I say, you don't have to go spinning every day. Just start with power walks to get your fitness up and then you'll naturally want to do more the fitter you get x

Good work! Make sure to log it in your FIT log so that you're working towards an Award. Let us know how you go, I promise if you stick with it the weight will start falling off again! x

Im going to start with a light walk every day at lunchtime to get my exercise routine up. At eh moment I tend to spend all day in front of a computer screen working. For my own self esteem I have realised that i need to get out of the house on my own or with the dog even if it is only for half an hour x x

Im going to start with a light walk every day at lunchtime to get my exercise routine up. At eh moment I tend to spend all day in front of a computer screen working. For my own self esteem I have realised that i need to get out of the house on my own or with the dog even if it is only for half an hour x x

im very much the same...... even the printer in my office is on my desk..... the only time i have to venture away from my desk is to pop to the loo or make a coffee haha!!

im off for a walk in my lunch break today :)

Good Luck x

well im back from my walk :)

it turned out to only be 20mins, as i thought it would take longer to do the 'route' than it actually did........ still its a start towards my bronze body magic.

thanks guys for the kick up the bum to get me out the door.

now for my SW 'heinz' tomato soup!!!

x

Aw, well done. If you consistently exercise it will really help your losses. And it's so enjoyable too, once you get your body moving and you get fitter you will get really into it. Well done!

Back