Step 1 Sole Source Newbie

LouMo

Any advice for a newbie? I have my consultant meeting and am ready to give it my all! Any tips? X

Hi, welcome to Cambridge! I'm only on day 8 so don't have nearly as much experience as most other members on here, but what I will say is to stay strong and remember the reasons why you are doing this diet. It's not easy to give up food and you will feel miserable at times, but after the end of your first week and you see the result it makes it all worth it and really spurs you on.
Make sure the person/people you live with know that you're serious about doing this so that they can support you, even workmates can be a massive source of support.
I've had my first weigh in today and have lost 8 pounds in my first week, if I can do it anyone can :)

Thank you so much! Wow that's amazing and that alone must really motivate you? Did you have any dizziness etc and how did you deal with it? Also how is the toilet and breath situation? Can others smell you? X

It really does motivate. I had moments last week where I was questioning if this really works and wondering if I can stick it out, but seeing the scales go down really does make it worth it. I have had slight dizziness and light headedness but nothing that's caused me any issues. If anything I'm more tired than normal but that's to be expected with the reduction of calorific intake. As my body gets more used to it I fully expect I will go back to being only mildly tired all of the time!
As for bad breath and smells... Luckily I haven't had any yet. My mouth is dry all the time which I guess helps with the water chugging thing, but that's it really. Toilet.. you'll go for a wee a LOT more than usual, I go about 15 times a day I'm sure at the moment! Number 2s, you won't go very often at all. Some people use laxatives, others take dietary fibre supplements. Cambridge do their own powder but I'm currently using psyllium husks. Have only been taking them for 2 days though so can't really comment on their effectiveness yet! x

I really need to loose weight and thinking of going on the CD. i just need motivation really. Since i had my baby i had my daughter i have just been adding weight uncontrollably. i comfort eat and i know it is killing me.

Hi louMo im on day 6 and managing better than expected, not been hungry once and have actually forced myself on third shake. The only affect iv experienced is unable to sleep but hopefully my body will settle down. My house has never been so clean. I have been given myself tasks such as cooking meals for the family, sitting with them, tonight i hAve night out x but i am super duper motivated xxx goodluck

Hey everyone I am on my second round doing Cambridge and once you get past the first couple of weeks and u drop a stone you can really feel and see the change. I would say the biggest issue for me is keeping my emotions in check. As an emotional eater when the going gets though I grab a biscuit so I have to be in control of that.

Stick with it ladies x

Hi im also a newbie im on day 6 of the diet & so far so good because im an emotional eater i have struggled with hunger and having no food, think its more psychological & the fact i know i cant eat makes me want to lol plus i boredom eat! Today is my most tormented as hubby is ordering Chinese :( any suggestions on how to keep hunger at bay x

Welcome. I've been on Cambridge on and off since jan due to work. Have lost just under 2 stone. Drink plenty of water and when you have a temptation resist it. You'll feel bloated and annoyed after, trust me.

Hope you do well.

Back