Newbie!!

Emma1333

Hello,

New to slimming world I went to a meeting a few weeks ago and I have been trying to do it on my own since. I'm not doing very well at all I am struggling with the whole thing. I think the main problem is trying to find whole family friendly recipes for tea and the fact that when I've been to work I can't be bothered - I know I need a kick up the butt and motitvation. Helllllppp!

Welcome Emma.

Therre are loads of family friendly recipes on here and on the sw website.

Also check out some of our members recipes threads, chocko has a great one .

Xx

I was about to post exactly the same thing lol! I started on Thursday and just can't get my head around the whole thing. Had a rubbish weekend due to my cousins baby shower and Mother's Day! Now I feel like I can't do it because I have no willpower :( think I just need to start afresh tomorrow.

I was about to post exactly the same thing lol! I started on Thursday and just can't get my head around the whole thing. Had a rubbish weekend due to my cousins baby shower and Mother's Day! Now I feel like I can't do it because I have no willpower :( think I just need to start afresh tomorrow.

Draw a line and start tomorrow x

Aww thanks so much for the replies, I will definitely have a look through those links. Feeling quite annoyed and disheartened with myself as 3 weeks in and I havn't lost anything really! I need a kick up the bum and to get some motivation, I'm feeling very hungry and tired!

Trust me when I say, if you follow the plan you won't be hungry.

Im having a bit of struggle to at the moment as have had a birthday and mothers day and have not been very on plan this last few weeks and also need a kick up the bottom!

have a sit down and try and plan your meals for the weeks, it really does help if you know at a glance ( or grab) exactly what you can have xx

have a sit down and try and plan your meals for the weeks, it really does help if you know at a glance ( or grab) exactly what you can have xx

I'm only in my 2nd week but I've found that this really helps. And if I have the time/space, I make a big batch and freeze some.

I'm new too! Think I'm slowly getting there, lost a few lbs so far but not the dramatic 1st and 2nd week loss I was expecting but I've got my head in the game today and I'm well and truly on track! Stick with it and just keeping referring back to your books and google everything!

Thanks for the replies everyone :)

Just trying to work out where I'm going wrong.... Do I need to make sure I eat 1/3 speed foods with every meal or just tea? Not sure I can eat a 3rd at lunch as only have half an hour so usually two pieces of fruit and a sandwich or yoghurt! Also is breakfast really important? I don't tend to eat until about 10.30 again a piece of fruit!

Thoughts/ideas and opinions welcome :)

Breakfast is very important, you need to kick start your metabolism! You need to try and get more veggie in but I think it all comes with time! Look on the Internet for lunch ideas or read through other food diaries to get some tips x

Back