Newbie!

Sassie.b

Hi everyone, I'm new and quite shy but thought it a bit rude not to introduce myself so here goes.

I'm in my 50s and been overweight since my teens. I eat when I'm happy, I eat when I'm sad, well you know the sort of thing lol. I've been a yo-yo dieter in the past but last year managed to lose some weight and keep it off by watching what I eat, portion control and walking. However at Christmas that all went out of the window so I need to get back on it. I've had a look around the site as a guest and it seems like a great place to get some tips and inspiration :)

Welcome aboard! I'm new myself and it's a very similar story for me too. Put on weight slowly over 20 years and now I'm in my forties want to get back to a slimmer me. Hopefully we'll do it better, supporting one another and reach our goals x

Welcome aboard! I'm new myself and it's a very similar story for me too. Put on weight slowly over 20 years and now I'm in my forties want to get back to a slimmer me. Hopefully we'll do it better, supporting one another and reach our goals x

Thanks for your reply :)

It's my boyfriend's birthday weekend so not much dieting will be done! I'm going to try to persuade him to cut down too as it will be easier to do it together ..... must hide the biscuit tin from him x

Hi Scooby5575 - I've had Chinese and Greek takeaways this weekend (boyfriend's birthday weekend!) Tomorrow will try to get back to sensible eating. Good luck to you too!:)

Hi all I'm out on a limb here as it takes a bit of getting used to the site. I think it will be very helpful in my weight loss journey. I have to say that I saw a post on here with the saying "EAT FOR THE BODY YOU WANT NOT FOR THE BODY YOU HAVE" and I thought I'd seek further, hence my joining. Looking forward to getting to know you all better.

Hi Tiger Lilly - welcome from another newbie - still getting used to the site myself - there's a lot to discover.

I like the sound of the post you quoted - I'm going to start eating for a body like Elle MacPherson lol. Only kidding, I just want to be healthier and feel comfortable in myself. Good luck to you!

Scooby5575 - I'm hoping you're right! It was a 'big' birthday so more naughty food than a normal one. Can't believe my boyfriend got on the scales this morning and hadn't put on a single pound - how can that be!! I was too scared to jump on lol

Hi guys, this site does look great, only downside, is there very few men on here, but weight loss support is weight loss support, wherever it comes from.

I hope you all break your targets.

That's not too bad Sassie.b., That will come off in no time (and more besides i'm sure) x
My WI revealed 'just a pound' however its still a pound in the right direction and also close to TOTM (tmi I know Sully lol)

Sully support is support no matter if male or female, We all have the same goal right?

TMI? I've lived a varied life, not much makes me blush these days.

Back