this-is-my-time

I am back again!

I have did slimming world before but I never got on well. My first weigh in, after bring great all week, I gained half a pound. It put me off and upset me so I never went back.......probably the worst thing to be honest. Since then I have not did anything and now at a point where I need to get a grip

I do attend the gym (curves - strength training) and they tell me that in order to loose weight, I must count calories and have a calorie deficit. With SW, I do not count calories and probably over indulge on carbs etc. I am really confused as to what to do .... has anyone got any tips for me. I am not sure whether to get back to slimming world or use my fitness pal and just count calories....?!?!

Sorry for the rant!

Thanks in advance x

Hi, welcome along. I think if you love your carbs, but struggle to portion them. Always weighing them (pasta and grains) is key. I had to weigh them at one point, as I was loading them on. If you look a the app/directory, although they are listed as free, it will give you a weight (many of the people at our group think free means as much as you want). Rice on the app says 100g cooked, this is the portion size recommended, same for pasta and potato. A nutritionist also said to me, that an easy way to think of portioning your plate, is for your carb portion to be the size of your fist, protein the palm of your hand, and the rest of your plate being vegetables. Thinking of it in those terms, is the same as what Slimming World promote. Good luck, and take each day as it comes, even the disappointing weeks, as we all get them. The key to long term success is riding it out, good weeks and bad x

Last edited:
Hello @this-is-my-time and welcome, I started in September and recently found this forum. Good luck with your journey, it will be great to support each other.

Thank you so much for the comments. I am sorry I have not been on here lately. Things been manic.

Update on my diet .... yesterday I joined the 1:1 diet, formerly known by the Cambridge Diet. Yes this consists of meal replacements but with me being diabetic, I start on the last stage (step 5) where it is only one meal replacement and the rest is calorie counting where I am on 1500, same as I was on before. I am on this for 2 weeks and then I drop to 1200 calories and introduce another meal replacement product. Hopefully the weight starts coming off and this gives me a kick start. I am trying to stay away from carbs as much as i can and then just eat more protein and veg xx

Thank you so much for the comments. I am sorry I have not been on here lately. Things been manic.

Update on my diet .... yesterday I joined the 1:1 diet, formerly known by the Cambridge Diet. Yes this consists of meal replacements but with me being diabetic, I start on the last stage (step 5) where it is only one meal replacement and the rest is calorie counting where I am on 1500, same as I was on before. I am on this for 2 weeks and then I drop to 1200 calories and introduce another meal replacement product. Hopefully the weight starts coming off and this gives me a kick start. I am trying to stay away from carbs as much as i can and then just eat more protein and veg xx
I'm the opposite-I started on 1:1 and have now gone to Slimming World as it suits me better and is more sustainable for me.

Back