Newbies

I know,money doesn't go far these days..Pretty staple SW foods really. You can have 2 alpen lights for a hex b. I crumble one up into a muller light and add a little chopped fruit. I only buy around three different fruits at a time-basically whichever are on offer!!!- to minimise waste and I get 'treat' stuff from the pound shop eg space raiders,single time out fingers,freddo bars etc. Healthy snacks also depend on what day I am doing. I love crab sticks on a red day!!! I used to find fruit boring tbh,just sitting there munching away on an apple but if I slice some up,2/3 sorts and lay it on a plate with a yoghurt for 'dipping' I enjoy it much more...looks pretty,tastes good and filling!!! I also mix sugar free jelly with a muller to make a low syn 'blancmange' x

Going with the hubby and our daughter and her friend are coming too. I've had a really good few days and feel totally confident that I can do it long term. Had some pain in my leg through the night (varicose vein surgery) so feeling a bit crappy today but will NOT comfort eat!!! I have healthy snacks galore to munch on. I'm sure you will look fab for the wedding...we CAN do it..:) x

Iv just properly noticed your name on here! Haha I love that! Beach babe to be!
I'm aiming for a body like Beyonce! ;) Am actually going to V in August so would LOVE to be able to wear a pair of shorts!
I don't know if it's just my weight but cellulite seems to be the Bain of my life :'(
I say no pain no gain.. So your legs will look fab once heeled I'm sure! :)

Wow that's pretty amazing!!

How did you find your first day? Mine wasn't too bad, stuck to plan, I just need to organise myself better!

First day was good! Remained strong & stuck to it! Had 3 slices of extra lean bacon, two boiled eggs and chopped tomatoes for breakfast today and will be having jacket potato and prawns & salad for lunch.
I reckon organisation is key!
I'm taking photos of everything I'm eating lol! And writing it down! Planning ahead seems to be good! How's day2 so far?

I know,money doesn't go far these days..Pretty staple SW foods really. You can have 2 alpen lights for a hex b. I crumble one up into a muller light and add a little chopped fruit. I only buy around three different fruits at a time-basically whichever are on offer!!!- to minimise waste and I get 'treat' stuff from the pound shop eg space raiders,single time out fingers,freddo bars etc. Healthy snacks also depend on what day I am doing. I love crab sticks on a red day!!! I used to find fruit boring tbh,just sitting there munching away on an apple but if I slice some up,2/3 sorts and lay it on a plate with a yoghurt for 'dipping' I enjoy it much more...looks pretty,tastes good and filling!!! I also mix sugar free jelly with a muller to make a low syn 'blancmange' x

Good call with dipping the fruit into yoghurt! I'm not a massive fruit fan myself so hopefully that will stop me getting bored! Il def try the blancmange too!

I'm aiming for a body like Beyonce! ;) Am actually going to V in August so would LOVE to be able to wear a pair of shorts!
I don't know if it's just my weight but cellulite seems to be the Bain of my life :'(

I don't know if this is all in my head but when I was losing weight and exercising my cellulite wasn't quite so bad. Now I've put on a bit and stopped exercising, I can notice it so much more, so hopefully as you keep losing weight and doing a bit of exercise youl see that it's less noticeable :)

Hopefully...need to do some toning up when I am pain free,starting this weekend some long walks. I bet you have a great time at V,never done anything like that myself. Probably a bit long in the tooth to be any kind of 'babe' tbh but hey,a girl can dream!!! x

First day was good! Remained strong & stuck to it! Had 3 slices of extra lean bacon, two boiled eggs and chopped tomatoes for breakfast today and will be having jacket potato and prawns & salad for lunch.
I reckon organisation is key!
I'm taking photos of everything I'm eating lol! And writing it down! Planning ahead seems to be good! How's day2 so far?

Oooo your lunch sounds yum! Day two is going well so far, feeling much more motivated today which is good! Def think its all about the planning!

I don't know if this is all in my head but when I was losing weight and exercising my cellulite wasn't quite so bad. Now I've put on a bit and stopped exercising, I can notice it so much more, so hopefully as you keep losing weight and doing a bit of exercise youl see that it's less noticeable :)

OOH! This gives me hope!!
Would love it to go! Probably should drink alot more water than I do aswell! I usually drink squash but maybe plain water is the way forward too!
Thanks!! :)

Hopefully...need to do some toning up when I am pain free,starting this weekend some long walks. I bet you have a great time at V,never done anything like that myself. Probably a bit long in the tooth to be any kind of 'babe' tbh but hey,a girl can dream!!! x

Everyone can be a babe!!! :D
I am a bit of a party girl occasionally which is hard with my love of wine & cider.. Checked the syns out of those bad boys and its not too promising! Haha!
Hope you have a good weekend x

Why thankyou lol!!! Just like me..wine at home cos it's too dear in the pub and cider (pint of!) when I go out :) Not exactly low syn drinks!!! Had a quiet day as hubby and daughter at Wembley but will be nattered to death when they get back. Enjoy yours xx

Newbie here too! Joined yesterday with around 4 stone to loose, although Im not looking that far ahead! Just taking each half stone as it comes. So far so good, enjoying planning my meals and have my weeks shopping!

Good Luck xxx

Newbie here too! Joined yesterday with around 4 stone to loose, although Im not looking that far ahead! Just taking each half stone as it comes. So far so good, enjoying planning my meals and have my weeks shopping!

Good Luck xxx

That's the attitude, baby steps! I'm trying to be the same way, my main problem is trying not to jump on the scales every five minutes!

Why thankyou lol!!! Just like me..wine at home cos it's too dear in the pub and cider (pint of!) when I go out :) Not exactly low syn drinks!!! Had a quiet day as hubby and daughter at Wembley but will be nattered to death when they get back. Enjoy yours xx

Ah yeh got to hit the sack now! Had one cider at a friends, was my syns treat! Could have done with a few more though! Lol!

I'm impressed you could have one! That would just make me want more! Plus, cider makes me crave crisps etc, so I'm safer just staying away :-(

Oh dear.. I ended up having a bottle of Prosecco last night :( I'm pretty sure that's extreme syns!!!! Didn't have any control & was starving too :( Only had grapes to keep me going though so at least I didn't slip up there!!
Back on it today for sure!! Even though usually when my head is banging like this I'd binge!

Must be strong!!

Naughty girl lol!!! I have no idea how but I have stayed away from the wine for 2 weeks now.I had a couple of beers last Saturday night and didn't finish the second one...most unlike me!!! The OH is starting to think I've been subject to alien experimentation...:) I know we can have a few drinks within our syns but for me,drinking and snacking go hand in hand,part of the reason I am overweight now. Plus of course,just eating and drinking too much...I always think one bottle of wine looks lonely ;) So sadly I have had to go cold turkey on the wine and get fully into the SW way of eating first,which has been easier than I thought and it works!!! p.s this reads back like an AA meeting :p

Naughty girl lol!!! I have no idea how but I have stayed away from the wine for 2 weeks now.I had a couple of beers last Saturday night and didn't finish the second one...most unlike me!!! The OH is starting to think I've been subject to alien experimentation...:) I know we can have a few drinks within our syns but for me,drinking and snacking go hand in hand,part of the reason I am overweight now. Plus of course,just eating and drinking too much...I always think one bottle of wine looks lonely ;) So sadly I have had to go cold turkey on the wine and get fully into the SW way of eating first,which has been easier than I thought and it works!!! p.s this reads back like an AA meeting :p

Sounds a lot like me!! I've decided to cut the wine out for a while as I think it is the main thing standing in my way. No sense of moderation, that's my problem!

Moderation?!?....never heard of it..!!! :D

Haha! Yeh I thought 10 days without was pretty good then I'm not sure what happened!
Moderation is not a word I'm familiar with either!!

You sound like your doing so well!!

I won't be having a drink until a friends Birthday 1st June now so not too bad! Lol

AA & SW anonymous!! Haha

Bank holiday weekend would normally be a challenge for me to be good but we are staying at my stepsons house for 2 days. He is working and we are on grandson duty whilst our daughter-in-law goes out with friends. 3 boys aged 1,3 and 7 will keep me busy lol!!! :)

Back