newby

dagbird2001

Afternoon all,
Newby here, not a newby to the diet but a newby to the forum. I need all the help i can get and hoping you lovely people will be able to help me. I originally started cambridge diet last november, then stopped that and started sw in december. I have been doing it since, yet instead of getting lighter i have put on. i have the motivation one min then slack the next. been doctor for blood tests today as i stuck to diet religiously for 3 weeks and still put on.
i cant believe i have been open with my weight on here, but i am guessing i need to otherwise i am hiding from myself.

So, any pointers etc i will be grateful for.
many thanks
Tracy xxx

Welcome Tracy :)
Great that youve joined the forum the people here are really great and supportive, and always willing to answer any questions you have :)

Ive been doing sw on and off now for a month or so... did it a couple of years ago and got on really well but changed jobs (shift work) so stopped going to classes...
I dont go to classes now... but am just struggling to get myself out of the starve then binge vicious circle :) will get there eventually though....

wishing you all the best and i hope nothing too serious with bloodtests :(
have they checked your thryroid function? i am hypothyroid have to take thyroxine each day, but if your levels are out that can affect your weight maybe?

xx

Hello and welcome Tracy :D

This is a fantastic forum, especial of you are struggling, so do not be shy and ask away!:D

I hope all goes well with your blood tests hun xx

Welcome to the forum, and good luck with your continuing weight loss. X

thank you for the replies, it means a lot. I will ask when i need help, i just need kicks up the back side thats for sure.
I have weigh in tonight, which is the first time back in a while, i have a fab consultant, who is willing to support me all the way.
just so fed up with being fat.
my boyfriend proposed back in May and we would like to get married sooner rather than later, yet i refuse to even look at a wedding until i have shifted this weight.
doctor is checkingeverything, they took 6 viles of blood - i asked him to leave me some behind...lol
xx

Its times like these you just have to suck it up and put your determined head on. You can lose this weight, no ifs, ands or buts! It may not happen as quickly as you'd like and it sure as hell wont be easy, it's best to accept these things now but you will do it and you can look fabulous at your wedding! You'll always get a pep talk on this site lol

It's interesting because I was having trouble losing weight and ended up having 4 vials of blood taken...and everything came back negative. That same week (last week) I lost the 2nd biggest amount I've ever lost!
It's as though knowing that I had nothing medically wrong, spurred me into getting back on track again.
Have you been keeping a food diary for the last few weeks? Maybe your consultant can point out somewhere that you're going a little off plan?

Are you eating enough? You mustn't skip meals or go without your healthy extras, and you must have all your syns too! Everyone is gobsmacked at what you CAN eat, but you do have to eat it to lose the weight! If you cut back it just doesn't work!

Good question. I do think that people coming from a very low calorie diet such as Cambridge often struggle with the concept of eating more to lose more. You might find it helpful to post your diary so we can see what you're eating and offerf some advice.

BW

Hey Tracy! Welcome!! I have been doing SW for 6weeks and Loooooove it! It's the only diet I've ever been able to stick to! As to showing your weight, my OH doesn't know how much I weigh yet I felt I needed to tell people and watch it go down!! (And get the prais and support when needed!)

Good luck with your journey on SW. xxx

ahh thanks all for the support and messages it has really spurred me on. i can see me being a regular on here, as long as you dont mind having me :)
i have changed my weight as earlier when i set it up i didnt account what i weighed when i started cambridge diet 9 months ago.
i found it hard to eat when i first came back to sw in nov, then i remembered it was easy enough to follow as you can eat loads and still lose the weight. i just hit a plateau where i found the love of my life and didnt watch what i was eating and slowly the weight i lost at sw cam back on, and some of what i lost on CD too. but tonight, after my weigh in i am feeling over the moon cos i lost 5lb this week - yes 5lb! i am very pleased.
Thanks again for making me feel so welcome, and you will be seeing a lot more (or less weight wise...lol) of me from now on.
Thanks all.
xxx

Back