nice low cost things to do to take mind off food?

miss-r

I can do it!!
I'm sure there must be a thread somewhere of ideas to keep occupied when thinking of food etc but I can't see it so will start one here. I am about to start on the cambridge diet so I will need some distractions.

I will start with some ideas:

• Have a bath/facemask/pampering
  • Give myself a manicure/pedicure
  • Try new make up looks
  • Ring a friend/Visit a friend
  • Do an exercise DVD/Wii Fit
  • Go for bike ride
  • Go for a walk/take a dog for a walk
  • Do some meditation/yoga
  • Go for a nap
  • Tidy and Clean/do chores
  • Sort out Wardrobe/Drawers/put together a charity donation bag.
  • Watch TV or a film (not too much)
  • Do some gardening
  • Do some writing/write a short story
  • Do some drawing/painting/sewing/other crafts

can anyone else think of anything??

hi miss-r,good luck with the cambridge diet,im sure you will do well.
ive decided to do a car-boot sale in a few weeks so hopefully sorting things out for that will keep me out of the cupboards,im planning to declutter my house from top to bottom,the kids are hiding toys already!

try on clothes that used to be too small, one of my favourite pastimes lol, easily followed by try on clothes that now swamp you lol.

de clutter the house and put all your junk on ebay then treat yourself with the money you have made :D
exercise is a good distraction if you can be bothered lol.
read a book or mag
take up a new hobbie, download some music or pop on a cd and line dance. great fun and the kids love getting involved if you have kids!

do my crocheting ,
it certainly stops me from eating, those hands are busy doing crocheting instead. but be careful as it can become addictive, and sitting on our backsides for to long is not a good thing to be doing

i like looking through really gorgeous clothes websites and plotting for when im happy enough to be willing to part with my pennies for some stunning dresses etc!! really makes me not want junk and weight gain!

I usually go up in the bath or shower, use a nice body scrub and face mask then make sure I have clean pj's and bedding to get into afterwards.

Others I am using are: playing with my cats, reading a book, flicking through recipe books planning a healthy meal for later in the week, going to the gym (if I'm in the mood), go for a walk if the weather allows or making gift cards.

Great suggestions on here so far :)

I usually go up in the bath or shower, use a nice body scrub and face mask then make sure I have clean pj's and bedding to get into afterwards.

Others I am using are: playing with my cats, reading a book, flicking through recipe books planning a healthy meal for later in the week, going to the gym (if I'm in the mood), go for a walk if the weather allows or making gift cards.

Great suggestions on here so far :)

That sounds like a nice idea ...feeling inspired!!!

I've recently gotten into jewellery making and really enjoy it, you do need to make a small investment at first, in order to get the findings, beads and tools you need - but it's really not too expensive. It means your hands are constantly occupied and it's also a great hobby to take up because it means you can make personal gifts for friends. Also, if you find you really enjoy it and are good at it, there's nothing stopping you from setting up a small eBay shop and selling a few of your creations, even if you don't make loads of money, chances are you'll make enough to keep your hobby afloat, and best of all whilst you're crafting you're not eating!

Jodie Leigh xxx

What a good idea!!!! I might just try that :)

I take my mind off food by either jumping on my exercise bike, going on my Wii or going out for a walk. Or if I am really starving I'll just have a slice of ham to take the edge off. I also find cross stitching can help as it keeps your fingers busy and you don't want food marks on your work! Haha! :D

Back