Nic's EE food diary. Feel free to join and share your food diaries :)

Oh my... The paella was epic!!! Sorry I forgot to take a pic before I tucked it but I shall definitely be doing it again! Basically I fried up onions, garlic and diced chicken with some chorizo (need to measure out and syn) then when it is browned add sliced peppers (I have bags of them in the freezer and they are so handy to have!) and a pinch of saffron (really makes a big taste difference!!) then add the rice I did 300g as it was the last of what we had.. The recipe says 100g each but it did plenty- plus a bit to take to work tomorrow as well! :p make up 1 litre of chicken stock and add to pan(I used a nice big heavy bottomed frying pan) simmer for about 20 minutes and stir a couple of times throughout (but not too much!) then I added cooked prawns (previously frozen) and stirred in cooking for another 5-10 mins. Serve and sprinkle with parsley = blooming lovely!!!!

Xx

Im gonna try this honey sounds yummy xxxx

You are on it babes! Sounds like another fab day!x

Thanks love :D I am feeling really positive lately and am really hoping that I can stay on it! ;) xx

Im gonna try this honey sounds yummy xxxx

Trust me Jess... It's lovely!!! I forgot to take a pic though :/ it was just too yummy and I had to eat it FAST ;) xx

Morning honey :) what scrummy food do you have planned today? :) xxxx

Morning honey :) what scrummy food do you have planned today? :) xxxx

Hey Jess :) heres my diary for today

Diary for Wednesday 16th October;

Green day.

HEB: branflakes/chicken
HEA: milk/cheese

B: branflakes (heb) and fruit on the go (strawberries, grapes, blueberries and apple) coffee ( hea )

L : half a roasted butternut squash topped with quorn chilli ( loads of veg! ) and hea of cheese. Blooming lovely!!!!!

D: Meeting my friend for dinner and have already looked at the menu.. safest bet is looking like a chicken (heb) and red pepper salad although if I am feeling particularly hungry I may have to have a jacket potato or the pasta dish (tomato based sauce).. .will see how I am after the gym. Either way I shall set aside (6 syns) for any hidden goodies ;)

Evening treats : hot chocolate (2) a dime bar (7.5)

Water : 3 litres

Body magic : 1 hour at the gym

Daily syns: 15.5/15

Xx

Heading over to see how your day is going :) xxx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Sorry I missed that hun!

Day sounds really good. I did enjoy my green day yesterday, having one tomorrow too.

I have decided that will do green days on gym days so I can burn off the carbs, and then red days on non-gym days, with EE days when I am busy :)

xxxx

Sorry I missed that hun!

Day sounds really good. I did enjoy my green day yesterday, having one tomorrow too.

I have decided that will do green days on gym days so I can burn off the carbs, and then red days on non-gym days, with EE days when I am busy :)

xxxx

Sounds great to me! Hope it works well for you this week :D Xx

Dear diary. .

I have HAD to eat 2 jaffa cakes this afternoon. . (4syns) and also had to stop at costa for a skinny hazelnut latte (not sure of syns but need the caffeine and sweetness to get me through the gym!!) Am soooooo drained from work today and not even sure I will burn many more calories at the gym than I did at work today! ! :/

So will see how my chocolate craving is tonight. . And shall water down my remaining milk allowance a little as well to compensate.

Xx

Honey if you feel drained have some chocolate, leave the gym, and make up for it tomorrow.

xxxx

Honey if you feel drained have some chocolate, leave the gym, and make up for it tomorrow.

xxxx

I was tempted but I really needed to feel like I was pushing myself to stay motivated, it did work and I felt good after doing 3/4 of the second day of the app. I was meeting my friend anyway so was aware of time, even thought was tired before it did leave me feeling more energised afterwards :D.

however... Unless I can count strawberry and lime cider as my superfree (which I fear I cannot ;D) I have some synnage to declare!

so... I was very naughty and actually didn't eat anything at all for dinner! (I did have some of my leftover fruit on the way home though) so this afternoon/evening I have had;

small skinny hazelnut latte (HEA) 2 syns

strawberry and lime cider 11 syns

vodka and diet coke 2.5 syns

and a hot chocolate (HEA - watered down a bit) 2 syns.

so total daily syns were 21.5.

i can live with that completely and hope that it doesn't impact too much...

x

Diary for Thursday 17th October.

Red day.

heb: bread/potato
hea: milk/cheese

B: bacon sandwich (HEB) tomato sauce (1) coffee (HEA)

L: chicken and bacon salad with cheese (HEA)

snacks: small latte at uni (HEA) lotus biscuits - pack of 3 (5)

D: lamb chops, rosemary and garlic diced potatoes, carrots and broccoli. Mint sauce (1)

Water: 2.5 litres

Evening treat: rolo yogurt (7.5) it was out of date today and I just couldn't face throwing it out :( it's one of my favs!!!!!

daily syns 14.5/15

xx

Last edited:
Your day sounds fab welldone x

Thanks kirsty :) hope you have a good day planned as well :) x

Yesterday sounds fun and today sounds very very yummy!
Are you seeing the boy tonight?
xxxx

Yesterday sounds fun and today sounds very very yummy!
Are you seeing the boy tonight?
xxxx

It was fun ;) and a much needed catch up! I am looking forward to my meals today :) I have no idea.. I am getting a little bit peed off with it all and feel like giving up at the moment. . He is off today and needs to go to an appointment and also had the opportunity to see his daughter which he has taken (understandably) but has yet to let me know when he plans to allocate some time for me today... bored of having the same stand off with him-he just cannot plan ahead!!! (He has got better but it's been a sssssllllooooowwww process. .) Xx

Your food is sounds delicious lately missus! Def must make a paella! Albeit seafood free! I bought a fab paella pan ages ago and still haven't used it! x

I am loving the motivation to try different recipes at the moment! Trying to keep excited by my meals so I can reach my target very soon! Xx

OMG loving your food plan for today Nic! :drool: I want it ALL!!

Hahahha I shall post some pics just for you ;)

Not sure if you know (you probably do!) but on a red day you need to cook the potatoes with the skins on for the added fibre, I didn't realise that when I started doing red days! xx

Thanks for that love, yes I did remember. I am cooking for everyone so I am just going to do them all with skins still on :D x

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Lunch was divine! Now to settle on the sofa with this months mag and see what inspiration I can find this month ;) x

Back