No Carb take-aways!

elliot

Me and my Girlfriend have been on a no carb diet for a week or so, and we want to know if what kind of food we can order from chinese or indian takeaways? obviously rice and indian bread is a big no no, but what about Korma etc? Thankyou

Egg Fu Yung, prawn,chicken

indian go for tandori chicken no sauce, korma almond in it not on induction later on make your own better

Last edited:
does it have to be chinese / indian, you can get a nice portion kebab meat, salad and have some mayo or garlic mayo, or a chicken kebab without the pitte/naan? sorry if it doesnt help but just another idea for u
enjoy whatever you have

This is what i scoff, however it wont be zero carb but low carb;

Chinese - Dry ribs (salt and pepper in my local), chop suey (small amount of oyster sauce), foo young, chicken and mushroom (medium amount of sauce), crispy lamb (ditch the sauce and swap pancakes for lettuce), salt and pepper chicken wings.

Stay away from the obvious carbs and watch out for deep fried meats, they generally have a flour coating.

Indian - I struggle with indian as i love rice so much! But i've had chicken tikka and shashlik. Never too sure what to have with it!!!

Kebab - I like to have a mixed grill (lamb, chicken shish & lamb donar) with salad and chilli sauce, i have left overs in the morning:)

Chippy - bugger all for me, could never be strict enough to pick off the batter!

Italian - meat and salad.

General - Steak and salad or a fish dish.

Re you question on korma....

It has yoghurt and almonds in large quanities so not the best thing. If you don't like the dry dishes try butter chicken or lamb rogan josh.

Crap my mouth is watering now!

is lamb rogan relatively low carb...?? yum yum, wonder if it tastes the same without garlic naan....

and i just cant imagine picking off fish batter - torture

I make my own, it's lush! But i can tweak it so it's less carby.

Rogan Josh (Lamb Curry)

It has tomaots, onions and yoghut in it, so fairly carby. Like i said bet to stick tot he drier dishes

yurmee!! my mouth is watering!

Back