No change in clothes size??????

Kat26

Since joining SW I have lost 2st 4lbs :):):). While I am extremly happy with this my clothes size is still the same as when I joined:cry:they dont feel different at all!! Has anyone else expericed this???

Congratulations on your fantastic weight loss so far! :)
I wouldn't worry too much about the clothes size issue. When I started dieting, it seemed like ages before I dropped a dress size. I put it down to the fact that maybe I had been squeezing myself into the wrong size clothes for so long, that when they finally did fit properly, I felt as though there was no change.
Chin up and keep going. I bet you are feeling fantastic carrying so much less weight around.

Michelle

I'm really suprised at that, 2 stone is a very substantial amount to lose, i would of said you would have dropped at least 2 sizes, i have dropped one and i've only lost 9.5lbs.

Have you had children? This can change your shape completely, your hips may be wider now and you may always be a certain size around the hips.

Do you exercise? It could just be that your muscles need toning up a bit, that way they will shrink tighter and you are sure to drop sizes.

Good luck xxx

I haven't dropped a size although I've only lost a stone, however my clothes are much more comfortable and I don't need the elasticated waists anymore!

Denise

I know how you feel! But I do think I depends on alot of things other than how much weight you've lost, eg how much did you weigh to start with someone who weighs 12st and has lost 2st wil have less body area to loose from than someone who weighs 18st and has lost 2st, also the other post who said they were probably wearing clothes too small anyway is also very common! The whole 1 size per stone isn't true untill your about 13-14 stone. But don't get despondent it will happen and it will happen soon! Xx

I had to lose 2 stone before I first went down a size. I dont buy into the 'stone a size' rule either, I think a much better guide is losing 10% of your body weight for each size (only coz thats the way my body is going lol)

It will happen all of a sudden.

I had to buy size 16 jeans after I lost about a stone and all my trousers were too big for me - in the leg but not so much around the waist etc.

After wearing said jeans for about a couple of weeks I then had to go buy size 14 jeans because the 16's were far too big on me even though I had only lost another 4lb's if that makes any sense whatsoever.

Sizes vary so much too - on Sunday I wore a size 10 trouser (with the elastic round the back waistband) - size 18 skinny fitting vest - with a long flowy shrug which I bought thinking it was a size 14 and when I came to pay found out it was a size 8 ! - it is a generous 8.

My DD came home with a size 14 little leather jacket tonight - it's lovely - she was upset though as she's a size 10 in everything else.

you will find that your size will suddenly just shrink and once you purchase new smaller clothes you won't be able to wear those bigger ones.

WELL DONE on a fantastic weight loss too - excellent.

I dont drop in dress sizes very much due to the fact that i carry alot of water, Ive also had two children and love my food so i have a big tum and big boobs!!! But keep going ... u are doing so well x

ive lost 1 stone 13 lbs and have only just got back into my size 22 new look jeans it just suddenly happened one day they were far to tight 2 days later they fitted with a little bit of room however my size 24 evans work trousers still fit snuggly it also depends and cant get into my old 22's which is odd as last xmas i was the weight i am now and they fitted fine i think i have lost weight from my big toe and ankles lmao:D

Thank you all so much for your replies and words of encouragement, I do have a large amount of weight to loose I have at least another 6 stone to shift so maybe this is why I am yet to see adifference.
Im just going to live in hope that I will wake up 1 morning, get dressed and my clothes will simply fall off me LOL :D

I don't know if clothes sometimes stretch or something with wearing aswell because I've got clothes that fit me quite happily but if i go in the same shop and try on the same size they dont fit.
also i think sometimes if you're squeezing into a smaller size like other ppl have said they'll still feel like they fit the same because you'll b wearing them were they should be worn (eg not too low down on hips) but won't have realised it

Back