no dvds at meetings?

daisydoll

Gold Member
hi there
at the first meeting last night we were told that the dvds were no longer going to be shown and the meetings will now be 1.5 hours rather than 2.
LLC said that it would be much better as the dvds are not up to much - but i can't help feeling like i'm missing out on something!
can someone tell me that i'm not please!!
daisy x

The blokes don't have weekly DVDs and never have since I've been there but if the one I watched in week 1 is anything to go by, you're not missing anything.

To be honest, I liked seeing the success stories in each DVD - but you can get this in the lighter life magazine - otherwise they were pretty cringey - you'd be better off spending more time focused on group work... :) xx

Hi Daisydoll. I haven't started yet but hope you don't mind if I ask a question. Did they mention new people entering the group every 4 weeks and if so, how does this work?

nope def not missing anything, dont worry! xxxx

thanks for your replies - i'm so nosey, don't like to think i'm missing anything!
happydays - our LLC said that people can join the group up to 3 weeks after, but she said she doesn't like that and is closing the group after next week. There were 6 of us - with another possible 2 so i reckon that will be quite good. They all seemed nice.
daisy x

We didn't find them useful. But we did find them highly amusing. The "fashion advise" was possibly the highlight for me. It was so bad it was funny!!

B x

we just used to be naughty and talk all the way through them and laugh at most of it to be honest. Got more out of talking in group than watching a (sometimes rather patronising-anyone else think this?) DVD.
Anyone for a scarf? lol xx

I was sooo harsh about the "scarf" episode. And my group took the mickey out of me for ages afterwards. They kept winding me up saying they were going to buy me a scarf for Xmas!

I used to get mad at one of the "stylists" too. The number of comments she made about the bigger girls' weight. Some may call it "backhanded compliments", to me it's just rude!

B x

I was sooo harsh about the "scarf" episode. And my group took the mickey out of me for ages afterwards. They kept winding me up saying they were going to buy me a scarf for Xmas!

we all brought scarves with us for our end of foundation group photo for a **** take.

10 stone overweight and nothing to wear? I know, a scarf will make you look so much slimmer!

And yes, the 'compliments' were just awful.

trust me, you're best off without the DVDs I think :)

You really are not missing much 'cept a bit of a laugh. for the 1st 3 weeks I couldn't concentrate on them anyway cos I was trying to figure out who the female presenter was- she's the "interior designer" off DIY SOS. lol.

We watched a DVD yesterday (first day) and to be honest, I just wanted it to be over so thatwe could do the group work. It's got to be more productive to be chatting/working as a group, rather than watching a DVD, but like someone else mentioned on here, the only good thing about them is the success stories, and I noticed that one of the ladies on the DVD is in this month's LL magazine.

I would really recommend the magazine if you haven't bought a copy, it isn't like other 'slimming magazines', it had really good articles that make you think, well did me LOL and many insiprational stories.

I agree with everyone else, don't think you're going to miss much.

Louale x

Just remembering the DVD's made me laugh ..we used to call Bridget - frigid and it sadly went down hill from there :8855::8855:
No you are not missing a thing, and be grateful you don't have to watch the funny man with the hairless body doing the exercises, he just creeped me out totally.

We dont have DVD's either! We manage to fill our time just chatting and doing group work! x

Only ever been shown the introduction DVD, never had one at a meeting but from what guy said I guess the blokes dont have them anway.

Just remembering the DVD's made me laugh ..we used to call Bridget - frigid and it sadly went down hill from there :8855::8855:
No you are not missing a thing, and be grateful you don't have to watch the funny man with the hairless body doing the exercises, he just creeped me out totally.

We used to just talk through the DVDs - never got much out of them.

We particularly liked taking the mick out of the exercise man and his cankles :8855:

Back