ProPoints No Going Back

Hi Guys and Dolls,

So, this is my very first post on MiniMins! I have been an avid reader for as long as I've been both on a diet and had access to the internet which - lets not lie - is basically the whole of my adult life (anyone else feel like they've been on a none stop diet since the were 16?!) but I've never posted due to a mixture of nerves/confidence/laziness. Anyway, I'm fed up of feeling jealous of what my friends are wearing and wishing my boyfriend would turn out the lights when we get into the bedroom (TMI?!) so I've decided I finally need to do something about that. I've decided to follow the ProPoints plan as Weight Watchers is the only diet I have ever had any success with - the rest of them seem to enrage me more than motivate me - but since I have just bought a flat and can't really afford to go to classes I thought this might provide the extra support that I need.

Anyway - today is my second day and so far so good. I haven't had an initial weigh in as there are no scales in this flat but I got on some dubious ones at work and I think I'm at the 12 stone mark again (Gahhh). I will have an official weigh in over the weekend but I decided not to use this as an excuse to put off starting the diet. As you can probably tell - I can waffle on a lot so this might become a kind of blog/food diary type of thing where I rant a lot. I would love people to read and really would appreciate the support - I haven't told anyone I am on a diet as my friends are now like 'Oh she's going to Weight Watchers again - same old story' - I'm sure lots of you can sympathise with that?!

So I'll pop my food diary from yesterday on now - please feel free to follow / comment etc. :)

Wednesday 16th January

Daily ProPoints Allowance - 29pp
Weekly ProPoints Allowance - 49pp
Breakfast
Melon & Grapes - 0pp
Special K Chocolate & Raspberry Cereal Bar - 2pp

Total - 2pp

Lunch
1 x Warburtons Thin - 3pp
1 x 205g Tin Pasta Hoops - 3pp
2 x Weight Watchers Cheese Slices - 2pp

Total - 8pp

Dinner
McDonald's Cheesebrger - 8pp
McDonald's Small Fries - 6pp

Total - 14pp

Snacks
Weight Watchers Oat & Wheat Crackers - 2pp
1 x Bottle of Carlsberg Export - 3pp

Total - 5pp

Water
6 x Glasses

Total Daily ProPoints Used - 29/29pp
Total Weekly ProPoints Used - 0/49pp
Weekly ProPoints Remaining - 49pp

So the day didn't go off to a flying start with the McDonald's - one could say that fast food is my week spot, blame my mother and her love of salt - but I'm proud I only had two things and that I stayed within my points values. Usually I would have thought screw it I've ruined it,I might as well have a pack of digestives but I didn't so that's a step in the right direction!

Anyway, that's enough from me please feel free to say hello and I will update again with todays diary in a min.

Lots of Love

Charlotte x

This MiniMins malarkey is complicated - think I'm doing the right thing to post diary number two but we will see - with any luck it will end up in the Slimming World thread or something...

Anyway - onto the good stuff. So far so good today - I have eaten tea and still feel hungry but fancy a glass of wine later so am hoping to save my weeklies for this purpose. Wine is definitely my weakness (along with McDonald's though you'll be happy to hear I resisted that particular urge today!).

Thursday 17th January

Breakfast
Melon & Grapes - 0pp
Weight Watchers Oat & Wheat Crackers - 2pp
Weight Watchers Low Fat Butter 10g - 1pp

Total - 3pp

Lunch
1 x Warburton's Thin - 3pp
Weight Watchers Tomato Soup - 2pp
Weight Watchers Low Fat Butter 10g - 1pp

Total - 6pp

Dinner
140g Cooked Lean Mince - 6pp
Can of Tinned Tomatoes - 0pp
Onion - 0pp
Mushrooms - 0pp
Pasta 80g Dried - 8pp

Total - 14pp

Snacks
1 x packet of Quavers - 5pp
EDIT: 2 x Glass of White Wine - 10pp

Total - 15pp

Water
5 x Glasses

Total Daily ProPoints Used - 29/29pp
Total Weekly ProPoints Used - 9/49pp
Total Weekly Pro Points Remaining - 40/49pp

This may change later if I choose to have some wine / a night time treat but will update accordingly! EDIT: I decided to have a cheeky couple of glasses of wine! My points allowances are a bit shaky as I'm not attending a meeting so as they were bigger glasses I have allowed 10pp for this. On another note my boyfriend came round last night and ate the remainder of my spaghetti bolognaise in a toastie with melted cheese - I was practically green with envy especially because it was in the George Foreman!! But i restrained and ignored the bread/butter/melted cheese amazing smell!

All in all, not too bad for day two :)

Charlotte

x

Last edited:
So, day 3 it is. Today's been a little bit tough to be honest - really struggled with cravings and almost gave into the powers of a Double Decker at work but alas I stayed strong and kept my cool and didn't give in to its cruel nougaty temptation. I've just had my tea and feel nice and full so am hoping that keeps my hunger at bay for the rest of the evening. Also, it's Friday night which usually sees me on my couch with a bottle of wine in hand so we will see if that little temptress greets me later. Onto the food...

Friday 18th January

Weekly ProPoints Allowance- 40pp

Breakfast
2 x Crumpets - 5pp
10g Weight Watchers Butter - 1pp

Total - 6pp

Lunch

2 x Small Warburtons Wholemeal Bread - 4pp
1 x 205g tin Pasta Hoops - 3pp
2 x Weight Watchers Cheese Slices - 2pp

Total - 9pp

Dinner
Home Made Chicken Curry:
100g Chicken - 4pp
Chopped Tomatoes - 0pp
Onion - 0pp
Pepper - 0pp
Spices - 0pp
Stock - 0pp
Rice 60g - 6pp
2 x Weight Watchers Naan - 6pp

Total - 16pp

Water
5 x Glasses
2 x Cans of Diet Coke - 0pp

Total Daily ProPoints Used - 29pp
Total Weekly ProPoints Used - 2pp
Total Weekly ProPoints Remaining - 38pp

I took a pic of my curry but not sure how to attach it so will try when I have more time :)

Charlotte

x

hi luv jus popping by to subscribe to your thread!

food look god as well luv, good t see u using them weeklies ;)
i am the same fast food / takeaways are my problem and me too i love salt!!!

i also have a diary and the ladies on here are fabulous for support!

xxxxx

Thank you ladies :) As I am new to this site I don't know how to subscribe :( but love reading everyone else's diaries for inspiration. Think the rest of this week is going to be pretty boring as absolutely zero cash until pay day on Friday! I know - what I would do for a Chinese right now! Me and my boyfriend has a late night urge for some prawn crackers and fried rice last night but I just went to bed instead - will power!! Think he would have liked the prawn crackers but he eats crap and still has a great body - oh to be like that!!

Sammie Ann I have been reading your diary and love it!! :)

xxxx

Chinese YUM!

Jus go onto my diary and to subscribe jus write something like I did and then everytime I write u'll no :)

Jus been shoppin n got some wine n chocolate for a lil treat tonight :). Xxx

Thank you for the know how SammieAnn :) Judging by the 87 I assume that's your year of birth?! If so we will be around the same age as I was born in 87 :)

So I went to my parents today and got weighed - 11st 13.5!! Not good considering I was down to about 11st 2 this time last year! Oh well, not point crying over spilt milk so I'm trying to use this positively to think that was the last time I will ever see that number on the scales! Because I usually nip to my parents on a weekend I am going to have Sat as my official weigh in day. I also browsed a newer ProPoints back to the one I have (my mum was a member a few months ago but decided to go it alone) and realised that the minimum pro points value has now changed to 26 :O so I have been doing that wrong! Because of this I'm going to start a fresh tomorrow with my 26pp a day and my whole weeklies again. Still going to track todays food though but will miss off the weeklies!

Saturday 19th January

Breakfast
3 x Crumpets - 6pp

Total - 7pp

Lunch
1/4 Margharita Pizza - 5pp

Total - 5pp

Dinner
Mums Home Made Chilli:
140g Cooked Lean Mince - 6pp
Chopped tomatoes, corriander, onion, chilli flavouring - 0pp
Sweet Potato Wedges - 5pp
1 x tablespoon Creme Freiche - 3pp

Total - 14pp

Daily ProPoints Allowance Used - 26pp

So tomorrow I will be changing to 26pp and see how that goes! Hopefully I won't miss the extra three too much... Sure I will though!!

That's all for now!

Charlotte

x

Yeh an 87 girl ;) I'm 26 on friday!

Yeh keep saturday as ur weigh in day remember u have ur 49 weeklies as well ;)

Food looks good for yesterday luv

Xxxx

Oh wow happy birthday for friday!! I'm a November baby so don't reach 26 till then - still feel like I'm 18 sometimes though and forget that I'm 5 years from 30 haha. Thanks - got up early this morning and made me and my boy a fry up his words to mine were 'Is that all your having?!' and I had to remind him again that I'm on a diet while he munched three sausages, four rashers of bacon, eggs, beans and white toast with Lurpack butter!! Mine was much more Weight Watchers friendly :)

xxxx

And jus as nice I bet!

So ur a young 87 girl ;) I'm gettin married this year and I feel that's made me feel older!

U say ur from leeeds as wellll? Where abouts? Its not snowin here thankfully jus spending the day cookin and snuggles with my lil man lol
Xxxx

Yeah it was just as nice I really enjoyed it :)

Yeah I am - I've always been a crazy, single party girl but since I met my boyfriend last year that's changed a bit and has made me really think about having kids and all that grown up stuff!

Yeah the big snow disaster wasn't really so bad was it but very cold outside! I'm from Garforth but live near Rothwell now - how about you? You cooking anything nice?

xxxxx

I used to work in birstall - I solely blame that KFC and McDonald's for getting me fat in the first place!! I was slim before I started working there hehe.

So for todays food diary...

Sunday 20th January

Daily Points Allowance - 26pp

Breakfast
Cooked Breakfast:
2 x Rashers of Bacon - 2pp
1 x Medium Egg - 2pp
1 x Slice Warburtons Wholemeal Bread - 2pp
1 x Richmond Sausage - 2pp
1 x tbs Tomato Ketchup - 1pp

Total - 10pp

Lunch
100g Weight Watchers Chips - 5pp1 x tin 205g Pasta Hoops - 3pp

Total - 8pp

Dinner
100g Pork - 4pp
Onion, Pepper & Mushroom - 0pp
Fajita Mix - 0pp
40g Rice - 4pp

Total - 8pp

Daily ProPoints Allowance Used - 26pp
Weekly ProPoints Allowance Used - 0pp/49pp
Weekly ProPoints Allowance Left - 49pp/49pp
Today has been good :) All nice and full now so hoping I won't need to do any snacking tonight. Not sure if anyone else reading this has tried the Weight Watchers Chips but I would strongly recommend them - really nice and filling :)

xxxxx

Haha I know - Nando's isn't too bad though. Their salads are nice but expensive and I often begrudge paying like £10 for salad!

So I didn't have chance to update last night so thought i would nip on before work this morning and do so. I am really struggling this week as I have absolutely now money and barely any food in - just down to canned goods that I bought before I decided to diet and it's either eat them or starve so feeling a little demotivated especially since I keep reading other people's lovely meals and wanting to make them myself! I got some pork out of the freezer and fried it with some fajita mix and frozen peppers which I was going to accompany with rice but when i came to eat it the pork tasted really off and I physically couldn't so my tea ended up being less healthy than i had wanted.

Anyway - lets see what the damage is

Monday 21st January

Total Daily ProPoints Allowance - 26pp
Total Weekly ProPoints Allowance - 49pp/49pp

Breakfast
4 x Jacobs Cream Crackers - 4pp
Special K Choc & Raspberry Cereal Bar - 2pp

Total - 7pp
Lunch
1 x tin Heinz Tomato Soup - 5pp
2 x Slices Warburtons Small Brown Bread - 4pp

Total - 9pp

Dinner
3 x Chicken Goujons - 5pp
00g Weight Watchers Chips - 5pp
1 tbs Ketchup - 1pp

Total - 11pp

Total Daily ProPoints Used - 26pp
Total Weekly ProPoints Used - 1pp/49pp
Total Weekly ProPoints Remaining - 48/49pp

So not a great day - food wasn't very inspiring and feeling a bit down - roll on Friday for pay day!! Going to have a real good plan of what to buy in my ffod shop as I can't run out of money again!! Does anyone know if there are any good threads about Weight Watchers on a budget?

That's all for now :)

Charlotte xxxxxx

ur tea sounds amazing :)

Since having my lil boy lucas i havent worked! so carl works and really we cud do without my paying for WW every month but i dnt tihnk i have the will power to go it alone yet! So we do it on a budget really!
i love iceland i get ww mash from there a few meals and puddings :) i also get some WW stuff (crisps cakes biscuits ect from poundland).
i dnt by the WW chips i make SW chips which are delicious coz i always have pots in for stuff like that! the only reason i buy the WW mash is because if i made my self mash it would have TOO much butter and stuff in (plus the ww mash is gawjus :))
other than buying them few bits i try to jus do a weekly shop and get loads of veg fruit (fresh and tinned fruit). i love stir fry veggies so i make sure what i buy i use!
i buy frozen chicken jus coz we cnt afford to always buy fresh! i do a monthly freezer shop in iceland and make sure there is things in for me!
i do like asda for bargins i got some gawjus fish but again its frozen!
when first on ww our shoppin bill went up but its gone back down now coz i dint want to have to give ww up so i find poundland and iceland brilliant for ww bargins and limit myself a month to what i can spend then make do with what else we buy!
this pro doesnt help u very much lol!
xxxxxx

Hi Ladies,

Thanks for subscribing EmmaLouise :) I hope you like! Sammie - what fab tips - i have already written some of them down ;) defs gonna check Iceland and pound stretcher - love having some weight watchers stuff in like the Pitta's and Pasta Sauces for when I want a treat :)

OOO never tried SW chips - might have to look for the recipe - sure i can find it on here. I am the same with butter - i have defo had too much this week so am going to try and cut it out next week :eek: just to see if it makes a difference!

Anyway - apologies for not updating yesterday - I went to Thai Chi after work and then when I got in had a massive row with my boyfriend and couldn't face food so had a pretty weird day! TBH with no food in my get up and go has disappeared, however, really hoping i've lost a few and can start from scratch with my new (cheap!) food shop on Saturday.

Tuesday 22nd January

Total Daily ProPoints Allowance: 26pp
Total Weekly ProPoints Allowance: 48/49pp
Breakfast
4 x Jacobs Cream Crackers - 4pp
Butter - 2pp

Total - 6pp

Lunch
2 x Warburtons Brown Bread - 4pp
1 x 205g Tin Pasta Hoops - 3pp
Butter - 1pp

Total - 8pp

Dinner
Nothing - too p*ssed off!!

Total - 0pp

Snacks
3 x jacobs Crackers - 3pp
Butter - 1pp
Walkers Ready Salted Crisps - 5pp
Wine - 5pp

Total - 14pp

Total Daily ProPoints Used - 26pp
Total Weekly ProPoints Used - 2pp/48pp
Total Weekly ProPoints Remaining - 46/49pp

So not too bad but not good that I didnt have any tea and still went into my weeklies. Today again has not been gre
at but a friend of the family took me food shopping and got me some salad etc so raring to go tomorrow with my meals :) Hoping things will be ok with my boyfriend tonight but he's still being off with me today so we shall see!

Hope you are both well - how has your days been? xxx

Back