No Ketosis after four days??!!:(

gwen1472

Just wondered if this was normal, i've been doing atkins since Monday this week and just got some ketostix yesterday and they havn't turned pink once!! :( What am i doing wrong i dont get it.

For example my day yesterday consisted of:-

Breakfast- ham, poached egg's and 1oz cheese

Lunch - Tuna full fat mayo, 150g loose salad, table spoon of lemon with 2oz full fat mozerella

Dinner - Smoked tuna(no carbs or sugar - its by john west) in sunflower oil on 200g salad

Does this not sound good, am i doing something wrong? Heeeeelp meeeee
:sign0009:

Love
Gwen xxx

It does look scrummy. The only thing I can see that might cause a problem is the lemon. Also, the first time I did a VLCD it was day 5 before I was properly in to ketosis. Don't give up - it looks like you've got yourself really well organised to succeed! Good luck!

Hey hun, just to echo what Tinley has said, even 1 slice of lemon in a glass of drink is enough to kick some people out of ketosis, allbeit only temporarily, so I would avoid it until you are well into ketosis hun. Also, dont panic about the ketostix, they aren't accurate for everyone!

xxx

just to let you know hun, even when I did LL strictly and then I did Atkins, the wee sticks never showed I was in ketosis, I think KD also didnt show either! Just do what you are doing and the weight will come off

sue x

Hey guys thanks so much for the encouragement! Day five and i have got the pink!! woo hooo! Phew! At least i know its working. I think for me i definatly need that scientific little booster that its definatley full steam ahead!

Pay day next week so i'm going to order some nice pancake mix from advilite web site and have myself some different tastey breakfasts cos apparantly they're ok to have on induction you jsut have to count the carbs! eeeeexcellent!

Hows everyone doing this week? All geared up for the weekend? ;)

Love

Gwen xxx

Back