No loss on induction wk1

Kiika

I have just completed week 1 of induction and have lost no weight.

I have been following the plan exactly, even eating salad as suggested in the book even though I dislike it. So I'm a bit disheartened. Has this happened to anyone else?

I have to say its pretty unusual, but perhaps something snuck in that you weren't aware of -

Do you have any of your eating plans over the last week? Knowing exactly what you ate might help us suggest something. Do you use a food tracker to check your carbs and fat ratios?

Also, did you eat any Atkins products like Atkins bars, sugar free sweets etc?

Eta: also if youve been on a different diet just prior to starting Atkins, that may mean you didn't have water weight to lose. Most of the first weeks loss tends to be water.

Last edited:
I've been using my fitness pal to track what I've been eating and I tracked every morsel.

As it happens I had an emergency Atkins bar this morning as I didn't have time to make anything and didn't have anything prepared, but I ate that after I weighed and its the first one I've ever had, so it can't be that this week. i did read they're not good but it was there and I was desperate!

I can post what I've eaten, I'll have to do it on my pic tho so I can have both sites open. I have been really strict with it, but maybe I have misread something.

I was not on any diet before this. I did weight watchers at the beginning of the year, but gave up pretty quickly.

Hmm then as I say it is really unusual not to have lost in your first week - it would definitely help to see menus and know your calories and fat/carb/protein ratios. Hopefully there will be something to suggest!

Back