No more excuses...what am i waiting for?!

unicorn

Hi everyone,

I'm new to this site...but it seems very helpful and informative so it seems promising :)

Also, would like to say a huge congratulations to everyone here for trying to take control....and especially to those who have lost weight and maintained it also!

I started anxiety meds 4/5 years ago....which made me eat compulsively, like an addiction, rather than just overeating. So, I was about 11/12 stone starting university and then i went on to go up to 16 st 9lbs i think was my heaviest...and a weight/place i never ever want to see myself in again.....

Anyway, I came off them meds about 9/10 months ago...I went down to 15 st 1/2 but then just got a bit relaxed again up until now, i am about 15 st 8/9 lbs....which is great considering im eating way too much junk food over the last few weeks/months....The difference is...now I am eating for COMFORT rather than compulsion. So, that gives me great hope :D

So....I want to put my motivation to use...and start shedding all of these excess lbs, slowly but surely! And keeping them off too this time!

I have been on and off diets for years and I am just sick of using silly excuses and saying "Someday, I'll look beautiful again".....What am I waiting for? At that rate I will still be saying the same thing at 90 years old....

I've decided to weigh myself and start from tomorrow officially.....but i have made some good choices/changes already today, instead of stuffing my face and then craving it all again tomorrow morning.....

Good luck to everyone this week too and keep up the good work!!

Hi unicorn and welcome to the site! You will find loads of friendly, like-minded people on here who are only too happy to share their experiences.
Well done on getting off the meds...not an easy thing to do I'm sure. So head's sorted... Now to concentrate on getting the body sorted too! Good luck hunni, hope u do really well xx

Hi Dawn,

Wow...your pictures and charts are cute and funny too :)

Thanks for the encouragement... need to actually start acting on my goals....

It's going to be a battle at first probably..but i have to overcome this at some stage.....why not now?! There is never going to be a perfect time to lose weight anyway!

Hi Unicorn...sorry didn't speak further last night...fell asleep!
You are sounding so positive...go for it!!! Have you decided which diet you are going to follow? I'm doing slimming world and have lost 11lbs in 3 weeks so I'm thrilled to bits! I've done it before and lost 4 stones so I know it works, but I've had a bad couple of years with bereavements etc and I always comfort eat and drink, so it all went back on again. It's a pretty easy diet to follow, and there's absolutely no chance of going hungry unlike some other diets I have tried!
Anyway, lots of luck with whatever you choose xx
P.S. I think if you click on one of my weight trackers it will take you to the site and you can make some for your page xx

Hi again, thanks Dawn and keep up the good work :)
Didnt weigh myself the other day so allowed my self to overindulge up until this morning. I am now 221 lbs - which means i have put on 3 lbs in the last few weeks! I am going to add on those 3 to my chart...dont want to kid myself....
Suffer from depression and anxiety but will always try anyway!!
I can lose this weight no problem if i put my mind to it....
Thank goodness for a new day tomorrow :)

Ps. How do you post them tracker things in the posts here? Would like to show mine....

Hi Unicorn, depends what site u got your tracker from as to how you post it but they're all pretty similar.
If you got it from tickerfactory there are instructions how to do it on 'tutorials' at the top of this page.
I got mine from lilyslim. All you do is make the ticker by following their instructions until you get to the page which says 'Ticker code snippets'. Look down the list of options until you get to 'Forum signatures: HTML • Ezboard • PseudoHTML, UBBCode and BB Code' and click on 'UBBCode and BB Code'.
This will then open a box directly below, with the green and white heading of 'Code snippet: PseudoHTML, UBBCode™ and BBCode. Used on most forums'.
Left click on the text in the box (this is going to be your code) and then right click and press copy.
Then go to 'Edit signature' on your minimins page (Its easier if you already have this page open and ready in another window) and paste the text in the 'Edit signature' box, being careful to make sure you put it where you want it! All thats left to do then is click the save button at the bottom of the page and that should be it! Hopefully lol!
Do hope you can follow this...it sounds far more complicated than it is honest! I'll be looking forward to seeing your new page!!! Dawn xx :)

Back