No more weekly syns

Brightonrosie

I want to be fitter again
We were told in group this evening that we are no longer meant to have weekly syns and a our allowance should be used daily. Anyone else heard that recently?

My consultant has always said to use them daily but she knows I use them weekly.

As far as I know for a while sw have said best bot to use then weekly as they don't want to seen to promote binging. However people do still use them weekly and if its working for you stick to it. Though if your losses slow down you might want to look at it again

I've been hearing that for years, (well, since I started SW 3 years ago!) and I'm sorry, but I have always used my syns over the week and I have always had good losses, so SW can say whatever they want, but I ain't changing what I know works for me :)

I like to save my syns up to have a little drink at the weekend, so if I were to take my syns daily I would be a cheap date, I'd be heading home after two drinks! I only drink red wine which is 8.5 syns per glass. I know I could have something like vodka and diet lemonade, but I hate that, so I'd rather not drink at all than drink something I hate just to have alcohol.

I get much more enjoyment by saving them up and having a little drink and food that is slightly more synful at weekends, it keeps me focussed and gives me something to look forward to.

Obviously if it started affecting my losses then I would change, but as it stands, if it's not broke, don't fix it :)

The plan states free food, super free food, healthy extras and 5 to 15 syns a day.

Anything different is not strictly following the plans - I'm guessing this is where your consultant is coming from.

That said, if you look at the faqs on SW website, you can use them weekly if it works for you. A lot of people do.

They're your Syns - you can use them however you like! The only thing I'd say is that if you notice your weight losses start to slow down, then perhaps try using them daily and see if there is any difference.

It's about finding what works best for you :)

I use them how I like. I make sure I have at least 5 a day. Then if I want more than 15 on a day I just split what I have left against the days remaining. Worked for me. I've lost 11lbs in 3 weeks :) xxx

I had a lady who used nearly all of her syns the on a fri/sat night - most of them on alcohol. Weigh in on a Monday - she hardly lost anything. She started to spread them out and started losing more.

They are your syns but the plan does not say use them weekly. I wouldn't recommend any of my members do this.

Each to their own ;-)

I certainly wouldn't recommend having no syns at all for six days then 105 syns on the seventh. The syn = synergy definition is worth remembering here, the plan works by allowing you to have everything you like yet fill up on free food which is bulky and filling but relatively low-calorie. All the different parts of the plan come together to make it work. Not having syns may bring in feelings of deprivation and guilt (if you go for the square of choccie when you've told yourself not to!), and I think that's what they mean by promoting binging. It's mentally unhealthy, and not in the spirit of the plan, shall we say.

I agree it is finding what works for you though. Sometimes if I've had a flexiday I will go down to 5-10 syns the next day or two, especially if it helps me feel like I've got back on track. And if you know you've got a nice chinese and bottle or two of wine waiting for you at the weekend, it's a positively good idea to plan for that in a healthy way beforehand. Not worth getting too worked up about though, you'll still lose weight in the long run by sticking to what the book says.

I asked my consultant this when I started last week and she said not to save them. :-(. I have I listen to her as i am desperate for this to work and am doing ee which I've never done before I always stuck with red days. Thing that worries me is alcohol as that is my down fall. I mean I'm not an alcoholic or anything but do like a drink. We go away weekend a month and its all about alcohol soooo what do I do? Also with this lovely weather we sit in garden and my husband gets a beer what do I do? :-(

Hi,

This is interesting as lots of ppl save syns and loose however if your dedicated and want to follow the rules then the simple answer to your question is you have to do without or just have one, if loosing weight is something you want or need to do then I'm afraid you have to forgo these things.
I've heard there's a low syn beer around you can buy or is there a soft drink ud happily sit and drink. You don't need to miss out but this is your journey and it is hard at times but will be worth it.
You've always the option to flexi syn or take a day off plan but you should always be mindful it may well effect your losses or cause a gain and you need the will power to get straight back on plan.

I've tried Beck's Blue (no alcohol beer) 2.5 syns per bottle against Beck's original 5 syns per bottle. It's an acquired taste but I've not decided if it's cats or gnats :thinking2:

Back