No Numbers on the Scales??

Surfhunny

Laugh in the face of food
Tonight I asked my CDC not to tell me my weight. I've had a planned week off and I know I've put on weight, but I think that if I know what my weight is now I'm likely to have a melt down.

I've been back on SS since Monday and I really don't want to derail myself by knowing my weight. I've been to weigh in and I have no idea what I weigh now. Next week my CDC is just going to tell me my loss. It's quite liberating, and I'm not tempted to stray off course either because I know I need to lose each week.

Lets hope this new approach works, it'll be an interesting experiment, and prevent me being ruled by the numbers on the scales!!

thats fantastic willpower!!!! I am the opposite, it spurs me on to know how much I need to get back off!!!!

x

I used to let the scales rule me, getting on every morning and every night....I'm usually pretty obsessive about them so this is proving hard, but I think it might help take my mind off food if I'm arguing with myself about whether to go on the scales or not I'm less likely to be arguing with myself over food lol. Diversion tactics!!

I hope this does lol!!

good idea and nice to see you back on forums x

Ha ha thanks mate, I've been off for a week misbehaving lol. Back on track with it all now...even if all this anonymous weighing is a bit on the strange side I hope it works. How're you getting on?

tbh its still going easy for me the scale is playing ball and avoiding temptations got to the stage every one is noticing now and passing comments which makes me paranoid

Ha ha I'm going through a paranoid stage too right now. Mostly fuelled by a work colleague who insists on making comments on what my dieting habits are... "Aw are you having a day off?" "That diet can't possibly work... on 500 cals a day you should be a twig" etc etc. Today's comment was "Oh dear have you had to go back onto the 'diet' again?" Yes I bloody well have, I am a twig compared to what I used to be...so shut the f**k up!!! I'd love to just come out and say that but I just smile and nod, no matter what she says, smile and nod lol. She leaves to go on maternity on Friday yay!! I think she has a secret weight problem because she's constantly picking on what people are eating, my thin and gorgeous 24 year old friend was asked how come she was eating crisps with her salad, didn't it defeat the object...Lou is less restrained than me, she stood up and faced the girl and said: "Do I look like I need to diet love?" So proud of her!!

Ha ha sorry you've caught me in rant mode!! I've just written a looooong post replying to post by a journalist slagging off VLCD's. I was very restrained but stated the facts as they stand. It's called Read This by someone called Ailsa... if you can find it, can't remember which section its in now.

Anyway I'm really glad you're still getting on well with the diet. I love it and I'm so glad to be back on track after my week of sin lol xxx

Back