No one has noticed yet :-(

tina67

Okay i have lost 33lbs and no one apart from hubby has even noticed. I know no one has really been told but hey 33 lbs is loads and while i am well chuffed i feel a bit deflated (pardon the pun,lol) that no one else has. Even people i haven't seen for a while haven't noticed. I swear the first who does is gonna get a huge smacker planted on their cheeks,lol.

I have even had to but new jeans due to my old ones almost falling down. I a now an offical size 18 with no muffin top either so well pleased.

I know i still have a long way to go and to be honest i am still a large size lady but surely it must show in some way?

Did it happen to anyone else?

Wow.. that's a fantastic acheivement. I know some people are a little nervous of brooching the subject of weight loss (even when they think you are looking great) because they are nervous that they will say something inappropriate or put their foot in it in some way but I would hazard a guess that there are a few people quietly saying to others that you are looking great and seem to have lost weight. Give it a couple more months and i'm sure the compliments will be coming to you thick and fast.

Good luck with your journey to size 16 : )

Mand

Thank you both....i get lots of compliments from these boards so that is keeping me going thank you all xxxx.

Its the first time i have achieved a big loss and its certainly the first time i have stuck with it as well. I so love the little blue pill even if its side effects scare me witless. I haven't had any side effects as of yet too scared to try as well,lol.

I think people are just reluctant to say anything as some people can take things the wrong way. I live in a small town where most people know each other but no-one said anything o me until my hairdresser said to me one day "everyone says it to everyone else but I bet no-one has said it to you, you are looking fabulous" People do notice, they just don't say. Keep it up!

KB

It's happened to me...last year I seen on eof my Aunts that hadn't seen me in a year..I'd lost 6 stone at the point and she said not a dicky birds to me :mad: But then I've never been one of her favourites :rolleyes:lol You know what you see in the mirror, you see the differences and your hubby sees the differences and that's what really counts hun xx

I agree with KittyBling, a lot of people are a bit shy at complimenting people on losing weight.

No one really said anything to me until I'd lost about 4 1/2 stone.

33lbs is bloody fantastic though :)

hey, hey tina, bloomin' 33 lbs!!? That's great and just keep them rolling off! ;)

you know, even after I had lost 27 kg(!) my friends were surprised I had lost weight- they only thought my face had brightened up.lol...maybe they could not see, or maybe they did not want to hurt me in saying, -oh look how much you've lost, you look good ( i.e., making me think I looked even worse than I thought before.lol) ...now, they say more- maybe because they know I'll only take it as a compliment. Even this (good looking) guy saw me a few times and did not dare say it to my face, but through the back way- keep going and you'll be happy and everyone will notice that! But I am sure, they all say it to each other!- ;) x

Back