No support :(

Hopehappy

Hi everyone,

I'm going to start the cd next week...yay..but I have no support from my partner what so ever, he's fit and healthy and hates me being over weight, his words are do some exercise then you will loose the weight, yes of course I will I'm not stupid I'm just desperate....
I have 0 confidence and something as easy as going for a jog scares the crap out of me.

I'm 19st 5ft7 so am VERY over weight, I had my son 5 yrs ago and put on 5st, iv not lost a single pound..... :(

we would really love a brother or sister for Tobey but with my weight it's a no no. I'm so desperate to loose weight it kills me every time I look in the mirror, I hate the school run, all the other mums are so pretty and slim....but that will be me some day....

any advise on how to get the b/f on board would be great...

thanks

Hiya Hopehappy ,

Welcome aboard!!! You have come to the right place for support the guys here are amazing!! Any questions or advice someone is always here,,,or if you just want a rant !!! Good luck , just take one day at a time stay focused why you want to lose weight and you will soon be on ur way to a slimmer self ! We're all here for one another xx

Hi hunny I'm the same my finance is tiny lol which is why I started when we met I was two stone lighter. He says he loves me whatever size I am bless but I am starting to feel uncomfortable in my clothes now so it's defo time to diet. He did however eat pie and chips from the chip shop in front of me but I resisted. I am sure if you are determined enough you will lose the weight. I always exercise when I diet otherwise it doesn't seem to work for me. I have a cross trainer that I bought on eBay cheap and try to use it most says even of its just for 10mins. Good luck and looking forward to reading how you get on xxxx

My hubby was very active as a teen and ate loads yet just put on muscle. As he got older his activity dropped but his appetite didn't. He is a very outdoorsy person through his job and hobbies but has to watch what he eats. Years ago he once said losing weight is simple , eat less and do more exercise. He now admits that is not as easy to do as to say! If I was in your position I would get on with the plan and ask a friend if they can be my 'go to' for support. I would refuse to speak to my husband about what I was doing unless he was prepared to take on what I was saying and accept it is not that simple for everyone. There's no shame in not liking exercise but moving more and walking more will help - but let's face it - there are plenty of overweight mums on that school run that you see walk everywhere isn't there?! There is at my sons school at least, I presume they have food or other issues that stop them keeping it off x

Hi I'd say give it a month and once your bf sees the weight dropping off you he'll be amazed (& so will you!) and by then you'll be so happy you won't care what he thinks. Good luck x

Start weight 16 stone 8.5 lbs
Messed about with WW
Start LL 29.4.13 16st 3 lbs
WK 1 - 8lbs
WK2 - 3lbs
WK2.5 - started CD lost another 2lbs
WK3.5 - 3 lbs

Total 22.5 lbs

I was in the exact same position! I tried months ago to start and failed as no support. However, I decided to write a list of 50 reasons why I want to loose weight. I then passed this over to my OH and he read it with a tear in his eye. He never knew how being overweight really effected me and how I felt and once he read it it was 100% go go go and I'm now seven weeks in and two stone down. He supports me the whole way which is a complete turn around! You should give it a go I was amazed how different he has been! If anything too supportive if you can be that :) x

Back