1. You can now easily put an SW award in your signature/posts like a smilie. Just look for the SW award tab after you tap on the smilie face.
    Dismiss Notice

no syns

Discussion in 'Syn Values' started by bonny6051, 20 February 2014 Social URL.

1. bonny6051

bonny6051 New Member

I was wondering what everyone else thought about the idea of not using any Syn's. I did it when I was in group (I don't have a sweet tooth so no sweets or chocolate for me was easy) and I lost weight quite easily and quickly. Just wondered what everyone else thought...
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. steph1212

steph1212 Full Member

I don't think it's a good idea. I had a week a while back where I had maybe 2/3 syns each day because like you, I don't have much of a sweet tooth or if I do fancy something sweet, I find that fruit and a muller will do for me. That week I didn't lose and I was gutted so I was advised to 'up' my syns- I was like 'whaaaaaaat?????'.
    So the next week I did - and I lost!!

The syns are part of the programme as much as any other part so I'd say definitely use them because then you know you're following the plan 100%.

Sometimes I incorporate my syns in with my meals so I'm not snacking for the sake of it eg, a bit of butter to cook mushrooms in or a bit of tomato ketchup or mayo as a dip or some peppercorn sauce on my steak. I'd rather have a really nice meal with a couple of syns thrown in than eating a bar of chocolate just to eat my syns.
  4. bonny6051

bonny6051 New Member

Ahhh thanks. It seemed to work for me and I was ok with it. I was doing a lot of cycling at the time so maybe that helped. My consultant in group was ok with it too. I did find that when I got to target I found it very hard to maintain and continued to lose. I do now have Syn's but I tend not to have too many.
Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.