No way? chicken syns? surely not

Discussion in 'Slimming World Off Topic' started by debtin, 6 June 2011 Social URL.

1. debtin

debtin Gold Member

Diet:
    sw
    omg just ate 2 Asda Ready to eat Roast chicken thighs, took the skin off and thought i would see what the sw online calculator says - 20syns per portion? i though all chicken with skin off or no batter was free? please please advise

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. MadameLaMinx

MadameLaMinx Gold Member

It depends what it was cooked in. Plain grilled chicken is free, chicken roasted in frylight or dry roasted is free, but if its been cooked with a lot of oil then its entirely possible that the chicken has absorbed some as part of the cooking process and thats why it has syns.

To be safe, if the website says it has syns, count the syns it says. Sorry :(

4. louisedan

louisedan Gold Member

Diet:
    slimming world
    did you enter the free food?

5. debtin

debtin Gold Member

Diet:
    sw
    am not too sure though think so...only reason i bought it was cos it said roast chicken arggghhhh:mad:

6. AnnaFaraday

AnnaFaraday ..

What information did you put into the calculator? If it was the nutritional information from the packet, then that would have included the skin and any fat, so that could be why there were so many syns.

If all you ate was chicken, with no skin and no fat, then that would be free.

7. debtin

debtin Gold Member

Diet:
    sw
    yes i just put all the info on and i didnt eat the skin so hoping its ok....wasnt really worth it anyway but thanks as now feel better x

8. SW-Rach1980

SW-Rach1980 Full Member

Start Weight:
    18st3.5lb
    Current Weight:
    17st3.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st12.5lb
    Lost(%):
    1st0lb(5.48%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World Extra Easy
    I had some ready roasted chicken from sainsburys just ate the chicken no skin I just assume would be free too :/?!

9. Littleslimmingbee

Littleslimmingbee Gold Member

Start Weight:
    14st13lb
    Current Weight:
    14st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    SW
    Guys theres a silly rumour that the supermarkets inject thier roasted chickens from the hot counter with fat to make them look more juicy etc.

Anyways, whilst i doubt they are 100% syn free, because lets face it- supermarkets arn't using frylight, i count them as free aslong as i remove the skin.... i used to buy 2 a week to have with salads ect whilst i was loosing all my weight and its never affected my losses. I really wouldnt worry. xx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.