No way? chicken syns? surely not

debtin

Gold Member
omg just ate 2 Asda Ready to eat Roast chicken thighs, took the skin off and thought i would see what the sw online calculator says - 20syns per portion? i though all chicken with skin off or no batter was free? please please advise

It depends what it was cooked in. Plain grilled chicken is free, chicken roasted in frylight or dry roasted is free, but if its been cooked with a lot of oil then its entirely possible that the chicken has absorbed some as part of the cooking process and thats why it has syns.

To be safe, if the website says it has syns, count the syns it says. Sorry :(

What information did you put into the calculator? If it was the nutritional information from the packet, then that would have included the skin and any fat, so that could be why there were so many syns.

If all you ate was chicken, with no skin and no fat, then that would be free.

What information did you put into the calculator? If it was the nutritional information from the packet, then that would have included the skin and any fat, so that could be why there were so many syns.

If all you ate was chicken, with no skin and no fat, then that would be free.

yes i just put all the info on and i didnt eat the skin so hoping its ok....wasnt really worth it anyway but thanks as now feel better x

I had some ready roasted chicken from sainsburys just ate the chicken no skin I just assume would be free too :/?!

Guys theres a silly rumour that the supermarkets inject thier roasted chickens from the hot counter with fat to make them look more juicy etc.

Anyways, whilst i doubt they are 100% syn free, because lets face it- supermarkets arn't using frylight, i count them as free aslong as i remove the skin.... i used to buy 2 a week to have with salads ect whilst i was loosing all my weight and its never affected my losses. I really wouldnt worry. xx

Back