No Weight Loss

Hi, this is my first post and i'm
desperate for advice.

I'm not attending any classes but i'm following SW diet plan. i successfully lost 2 stone years ago on it.

i've been on SW since Xmas & i've lost nothing. i lose 1lb one week, then put it on the next.
I joined a gym last week, have been 3 times & even attended a Zumba last & still managed to gain 1lb.
I'm losing the will here, i have no idea what i could be doing wrong.
i am writing down everything that passes my lips & i can't see what's up.

becoming very down about it .

help needed.

thks xx:cry::cry:

BreakfastSnack 1LunchSnack 2DinnerSnack 3Snack 4Sunday2 bacon butties on wholemeal barms /tomato saucebananacheese mug shotsmall bag of choc buttonsspagettie bolly with cheese on top3 ww yogurts/ 2 meriuge baskets2 hrs of housework/hoovering and dustingMondayscrambled eggs (4)Alpen light barcheese mug shotbanana/pear/small orangespagettie bolly with cheese on top. Vanilla muller yogurt3 slices of garlic breadTuesdayhalf a pink grapefruitgreen grapes/2 bananas/ 2 ryvita lights chillicottage cheese with 4 ryvita with tomato2 alpen light barspasta n sauce, ham leek with spinach/ Muller light yogurt Wednesdayhalf a pink grapefruithalf a gala melon/banana/4 chilli ryvita thinscottage cheese with 4 ryvita/frozen berries with vanilla onken yogurt2 oranges/bananascrambled egg with gammon (cooked in slow cooker)2 alpen light barsgym/zumbaThursdayhalf a pink grapefruithalf a gala melon/orange/bananacottage cheese with 4 ryvita/frozen berries with vanilla onken yogurt2 boiled eggsgammon / 2 ww yogurts2 alpen light barsFridayhalf a pink grapefruit2 bananas2 ryvitamug shot, sweet & sour one

Hi Becky, thks for your reply.
Above is what i've had this week & i PUT on a lb

Hi hellybelly64,

It would be useful for you to post your food diary on here just in case you're having stuff that is synned now that wasn't when you did it before. There's been lots of changes with SW over the last few years and syn values have changed quite a bit.

Which plan are you following. Have you heard of the Extra Easy plan? That's where you can have meals containing meat/fish and pasta/potatoes/rice but 1/3 of your plate has to be filled with superfree foods..such as salad or vegetables.

It's good you're doing plenty of Body Magic but sometimes your body needs time to adjust. It could be water retention which sometimes happens temporarily when you start to exercise.

Don't lose hope. There is help on here. Let us know what you're having for breakfast, lunch and dinner and we can see what's happening. ;)

Sorry, I can't really make out your food diary as it looks a bit of a muddle. Where have you copied that from? Do you keep a food diary on here? If so you're probably best off posting us the link.

Also, if you're exercising you need to make sure you're drinking lots of water to ensure you don't become dehydrated as that can affect your losses. Also, remember that muscle weighs more than fat, and although you may not have lost any weight, you may have lost inches. Have you tried measuring yourself?

I agree though, if we could see a clearer food diary it'd help us to see where you could be going wrong.

Food Diary

Sunday: B: 2 Bacon Butties on small Wholemeal Barm
L: Cheese Mug Shot
D: Spag Bol with lean beef mince from Tesco & 1oz half fat cheese
Snacks: small bag of milk buttons & 3 WW yogurts

Monday B: Scrambled Egg
L: Cheese Mug shot
D: left over Spag bol from yesterday with 2 pieces of Garlic bread (1/2 fat)
Snacks: Banana/apple/pear Alpen light bar

Tues B: Half a pink Grapefruit with sweetner
L: Cottage cheese with Tomato with 4 Ryvita
D: Pasta & Sauce (batchlers) Cheese & broc, with frozen spinach in it.
Snacks: 2 alpen light bars / Green Grapes/ 2 bananas / 2 ryvita lights chilli flavour

Wed: B: Half a pink Grapefruit with Sweetner
L: Cottage cheese with tomato with 4 ryvita
D: Scrambled egg with gammon cooked in clow cooker

Snacks : Half a gala melon/ banana/ 4 ryvita light (chilli) / 2 oranges/2 alpen light bars

Thurs: B: half a pink grapefruit
L: cottage cheese /tomato & ryvita
D: Gammon ommelette

Snacks: half a gala melon/orange/banana/2 boiled eggs/2 alphen light bars

Today so far, grapefruit/ 2 ryvita & banana. mug shot.

that's a typical week. i like to have ryvita in the day so i can decide when i get home what day i'm having R or G.
EE i tend to do these at Wkends only

i've been to Zumba on Wed & did 30 mins on cross trainer on Wed also. I went to gym last friday night & i'm going again tonight.

Tks for your replies :)

Hi Hellybelly I have made some notes below for you hun in green x

Generally, you aren't eating enough, anbd defintely not eating enough superfree. You are also eating too many wheat based products.

Sunday
2 bacon butties on wholemeal barms /tomato sauce How big were the barms - your HEB is only 57g. Was your bacon extra lean (ie no fat at all on it?) how much tomato sauce did you have? Its synned at 1syn per tablespoon
banana
cheese mug shot - these are 2 syns
small bag of choc buttons again, syns- usually 5-6 for the snack bags
spagettie bolly with cheese on top did you weigh the cheese and use your healthy extra A choice for it? In which case it should have been 30g - any more would need to have been synned.
ALso - was the mince you used Extra lean?
3 ww yogurts - Have you checked these were free? Not all fat free yogurts are free.
2 meriuge baskets - 5 syns for 2 merigues usually

Monday
scrambled eggs
4Alpen light bar - A HEB is 2 alpen light bars- did you have 4 - in which case you also had 6 syns as well as your Healthy B choice?
cheese mug shot = 2 syns
banana/pear/small orange
spagettie bolly with cheese on top. - again ,cheese needs weighing to make sure its within your HEA allowance, and was it extra lean mince. Did you have 1.3rd superfree with it?

Vanilla muller yogurt
3 slices of garlic bread SYNS - outragously high in fact!

Tuesday
half a pink grapefruit
green grapes/2 bananas/
2 ryvita lights chilli - Don't know what these are- they don't look like any HEB I've seen - they will be synned - a ryvita is usually 1.5 syns, so 3 in total

cottage cheese with 4 ryvita with tomato was the cottage cheese fat free? The Ryvitas would be your HEB?

2 alpen light bars 6 syns
pasta n sauce, ham leek with spinach/ - did you make this with milk? Where's the 1/3rd superfree?
Muller light yogurt

Wednesday
half a pink grapefruit
half a gala melon/banana/
4 chilli ryvita thins - synned or HEB?
cottage cheese with 4 ryvita - as above- was it fat free and are you using Syns or HEB?
frozen berries with vanilla onken yogurt
2 oranges/banana
scrambled egg with gammon (cooked in slow cooker) did you cook the eggs in any oil?
2 alpen light bars - syns or HEB?

Thursday
half a pink grapefruit
half a gala melon/orange/banana
cottage cheese with 4 ryvita again, was it fat free cottage cheese, and which ryvita was it- did you use it as syns or your HEB?
frozen berries with vanilla onken yogurt did you check that the Onken wasn't the new recipe one, which is synned as it has sugar instead of sweetener in it.
2 boiled eggs
gammon - did you cut the fat off?
2 ww yogurts - did you check they weren't synned?
2 alpen light bars - Was this your HEB or did you syn?

Where's your Healthy A?

Friday
half a pink grapefruit
2 bananas
2 ryvita are these syns or HEB
mug shot, sweet & sour one - these are 1 syn

How are you not starving??

cheese mug shot - these are 2 syns

mug shot, sweet & sour one - these are 1 syn

Sorry Kingleds, great answer and I agree with almost everything you've said. However, aren't the cheese mugshots 2.5 Syns, and the sweet & sour ones are free?

hellybelly, I've also noticed you don't really seem to be eating a great deal of SuperFree. Remember that, if you're following the Extra Easy plan, you should have 1/3rd of your plate filled with SuperFree foods.

Sorry Kingleds, great answer and I agree with almost everything you've said. However, aren't the cheese mugshots 2.5 Syns, and the sweet & sour ones are free?

hellybelly, I've also noticed you don't really seem to be eating a great deal of SuperFree. Remember that, if you're following the Extra Easy plan, you should have 1/3rd of your plate filled with SuperFree foods.

You are right on both counts. Just checked syns online

Thks Kingleds and Princess

i think i need to go back to the drawing board. Gonna design a menu for next week full of free foods. Green is best for me.

I don't use oil at all, i use fry light.
I use the Alpen bars as either a HEB or syns , but i don't have anymore than 2 (must have been a typo error when u put 4 lol)
The Ryvita Thins i've been counting as 1 1/2 syns .
I don't drink milk in my tea or in the pasta & sauce, that's made purely with water.
Beef is the extra lean from Tesco & the Gammon joint i took off all the fat after it was cooked (it was cooked in slow cooker in tin foil, so wasn't submerged in fatty water or anything)

I knew the cheese mug shots have syns but they are my fav.

I didn't think i was going over 10 syns a day , but maybe i'm wrong....

i'm not giving up, but i'm not as committed as i was. :(

thanks again for replies :)

Where is your Superfree?

You need at least 1/3 superfree with EVERY meal. That includes your breakfast and your lunch.

Thanks ermintrude, even on a Green day? i need 1/3 of super free foods for every meal? i thought that was just EE , which i have to say i struggle to get my head around.
so Grapefruit & gala melon for breakfast, am i wrong?

It's not so strict to have 1/3 superfree with every meal on Green but you should be doing wherever possible, yes.

I didnt think you were doing Green days though as you have bacon butty, spag bol, gammon etc most meals? :confused: As youve already used your HEXBs on bread, Ryvita etc those have to be either red or EE, mainly EE if you're also having spaghetti etc which is only free on green.

If you are doing EE it is essential to be using 1/3 of every meal as Superfree.

EDIT: I think you might have to have another look at the plan, I see youve written a bit later down that "Green is best for me" and then go on to talk about what beef mince you're using and how you do your gammon.

Basically:
- on Green days carbohydrates are free (potatoes, rice, pasta etc) but meat has to be synned or HEXed. You get two HEXAs and two HEXBs.
- on Red Days its the opposite - (lean) meat is free but carbs (potatoes, rice, pasta etc) are synned or HEXed. You get two HEXAs and two HEXBs.
- on Extra Easy you can have both freely BUT you only get ONE of each HEX and you MUST have 1/3 of every meal as Superfree. This is to help control the amount of free food you have as its not being controlled in the same way it was on Red/Green.
(Its not a point of having Superfree AS WELL AS your other food but INSTEAD OF - you fill your plate up with 1/3 superfree FIRST, and then the rest of your plate can be full of whatever free stuff you like).

Sorry if you already know all this but it isn't at all clear from your post that you do, so just trying to help out :)

ok, thanks ermintrude, i think you have made it pretty clear, i haven't a clue about the plan.
you obviously know the plan as you have done very well in your weight loss journery

Thanks for all your advice.

Hope you havent taken it the wrong way? :confused: Only trying to help, dont be down just because you havent gad a good week! :( We all have to learn, Im sure I made loads of mistakes when I first started! :confused:

You'll get your head round it in a week in no time dont worry, and once you stick to it you'll be losing in no time! Dont be disheartened, if you just ask theres loads of people here happy to help. How about checking out the food diaries for some ideas of stuff youd like to eat? Good luck x :)

Great post ermintrude putting in plain terms. We can all do with a refresher every so often.

If you haven't got a good grasp of the plans then i would say try extra easy.

Make all of your meals 2/3 free foods so lean meats/fish, and potato/pasta or rice(pref brown/wholemeal) and 1/3 superfree which includes all veg virtually (there are a few exceptions), 1 hex a, 1 hex b, then syn everything else.

Don't have meals where you only have syns, such as a mug shot etc, if you do have that then still add your 1/3 superfree as it fills you up.

Don't give up, you are not that far off the plan you just need to up your veg and down your carbs by the looks of it hun

Good luck!!

Back