No willpower at all!!!

Hi Guys,
I'm pretty much a newbie poster here, but I do spend time reading posts and trying to become inpsired.

I'm what you cann a yo yo dieter. I'm always trying to lose weight, but instead I just keep piling it on.
I've recently re joined SW and thought that going to class each week would help, but oh no! I am my own worst enemy. I keep finding excuses to eat rubbish and then I end up missing a weigh in, going the following week and gaining!!!
It's starting to get embarrassing now!

I just can;t get my head around it, all I seem to do is crave food and I give in to it. I let myself down and end up binging on crap.

I work full time but I am quite organised, It's just me and my boyfriend at home. He is supportive and will cook with me. He wants me to lose weight for myself and my health but I keep going around in circles.
What is wrong with me?
Anyone got any helpful advice?
Do you think I should tell my group leader how I am feeling?

Thanks for listening guys x

Hello

I've told everyone that I'm losing weight so everyone asks me on a Thursday how I did. It really helps as I dont want to tell them that I put on so its helped me stay on track!
You should speak to your consultant they can help you.
Even if you have a bad week and put on you need to force yourself to go so it doesn't become 2 weeks then 3 etc.

Do you have something you can focus on to? I'm aiming to look good for a friends wedding, I want people I have not seen for ages to be gobsmacked when I walk in!

xx

I would absolutly talk to your consultant. If you find you eat rubbish and then 'accidently on purpose' miss group, your consultant can contact you and get you back on track!

I find taking one day at a time...I know that sounds daft, but if I try to plan - for example - this week I'll do this, this and this - I ALWAYS end up messing up. So if I just think, today I'll be good and stick to plan, I can cope with that!

It sounds like you haven't fully committed to do it. Do you have a friend who would go with you or check up on you? I go with a friend, and we really spur each other on. Every time we chat we say have you behaved? etc

Think of the reasons why you want to do it and when you go to binge, think about those reasons, and think is it worth it?

Do you have specific things that are your downfall? Maybe we could think up some alternatives that you enjoy that have less syns?
xx

Aw hun, totally feel for you,

It's frustrating when you are the one holding yourself back.
I've been there and done it in the past. This is my 3rd time at SW as I too don't want to be a yo yo dieter.
I've just turned 26 and want to enjoy some of my twenties how I pictured I would.

This time around I'm not allowing myself to put too much pressure on, I'm not setting weekly targets and am yet to
set a PAT. The only thing I am being strict on is weigh ins, I've made a promise to myself that I HAVE to go & stay to group.

This is my 6th week and I've only lost 7.5lbs (I lost that in week one 1st time round) but you know what?
I'm ok with that, two of those weeks were small gains and I was gutted as I wanted this time round to have no gains, but then realised
"think long term, think long term"

So I'm taking it one day at a time, and remember that SW is different, it shouldn't feel like a diet, relax and remember your eating healthy, so much you can eat so get trawling for delicious recipes and ENJOY!

You CAN do it!
X

Make a list of all the reasons you want to lose weight and then find one to focus on. If you can find reasons you should lose weight and focus on them it should help you get motivated and want to stick to the plan. I'm motivated by the thought of getting off my medication, whenever I feel myself going off track I just remind myself WHY i want to do it.

Like others have mentioned, alarm bells started ringing for me when you said that you often miss group when you've had a bad week. Can I just ask, why?

Not going to group and getting weighed doesn't mean that you haven't gained - you can't avoid the fact. I think not going to group because you've had a bad week is probably one of the major factors which is contributing to having yet another bad week following that. You may not realise it, but subconciously you're probably thinking "oh well, I have another week to work it off", which in most cases never works out. One bad week leads to another, and so on, and so on..

When you do go to group, do you stay for image therapy? I stay virtually every week and find that listening to my consultant and other members is by far the most motivating tool. Image Therapy really is invaluable - you can pick up so many hints/tips and find out information regarding new products, etc. which you might otherwise never know.

The most sensible thing you could do is to go to group and face the music - get weighed, draw a line under it and start a fresh week. If you're struggling through the week, text your consultant or pop on here. There is always someone around who you can speak to and draw motivation from.

Just stick with it. Believe in yourself and the plan and it will work. Good luck!

Back