Nom Nom Nom

bobbedazzler

........ does anyone else find this 'phrase' a bit gag-tastic or is it just me??

I've noticed quite a few people using it on here and every time I read it I just feel like 'ewwwww' .......... it reminds me of someone eating really loudly with their mouth open!

Please tell me I'm not alone in this (or worse, a teensy bit weird)!?!

I'm no big fan... I too imagine someone chomping their food!

It's one of those words which describes the sound - and I can't remember the name of that word.....anyone?

Edit - got it! onomatopoeia - I think it's this!

I think of it more like yumyum than eating sound dunno why. When something is omnomnom it's yummy to me :)

Nom nom nom nom nom

mmmmmm yummers! lol

nope you are not weird - this is an awful expression and just makes me feel ill when I read it

I really like Nom and use it quite a bit :eek: Sorry if it's made anyone feel ill.
For me it just describes something really nice and when I read it I kinda get a mental image of anime characters....not sure why tho :p

I really like Nom and use it quite a bit :eek: Sorry if it's made anyone feel ill.
For me it just describes something really nice and when I read it I kinda get a mental image of anime characters....not sure why tho :p

Haha totally, it's something very anime-esque.

I quite like it to, and its meant to be a take on yum yum kinda stuff it in my face, yum yum, so to me its something thats simply tastes devine.

The history of the phrase, means something 'oh so tasty' and originated from the cookie monster from sesame street, as he would say om nom nom nom as he stuffed cookies down his gob.

. . .
The history of the phrase, means something 'oh so tasty' and originated from the cookie monster from sesame street, as he would say om nom nom nom as he stuffed cookies down his gob.

THANK YOU for that information. I have always hated the phrase but now I know its origin I don't mind it so much.

(And yes, I do know how silly that is!!)

I'm not keen but I don't hate it as much as hubby...

I can't bear it either, reminds me of that awful Churchill Ad with the dog making horrible eating noises I have to stick my fingers in my ears and sing when it's on!

Omnomnomnommmm!!! COOKIES!!!

I'm neither here nor there really... meh.xx

I like it, it makes me think that there's something scrumptious being eaten, and that's always a good thought in my world LOL

Not to bothered about nom but cannot stand Hun aaarrrrgggg :mad: .......sorry to those that use it x

Meh - that's another one! I didn't even know what it meant, I had to google it when I first saw it on here!

It's educational this site, in more ways than one ;-)

I'm an anti-nommer! I can't abide noisy eating in real life, so virtual noisy eating really turns my stomach...

Back