Non cd related..

Linda5111

I can do this.
I've just been told my brother inlaw has cancer, the worst of it is, they can't do anything for him because it's spread through his body. My sister is devestated and i don't know what to do to help her,what can i say? I feel numb myself, don't know how i'll cope with cd,i don't want to sound selfish...but i've got to try to stay with it, if i break it now.. i know i won't go back on it. I just don't know what to do.

Hi Linda,

So very sorry, this is devastating news and your bound to be in shock yourself.

Your right about staying on CD as your doing so well and it is very difficult to get back to it again. Whether your doing your diet or not will not make any difference to your brother in law's condition and I am sure he would want the best for you.

Just being there for your sister to listen and support her as I am sure she is in shock also and ask her if there is anything you can do.

They probably need time themselves to adjust to this news.

Sending hugs and prayers.

Love Mini xxx

thankd Mini, i just feel so usless..i'm not good with stress,i can't handle it but i know i've got to stay with cd... it's my last chance( i could'nt go through this again).

Hi Linda,

I know it sounds like an old cliché but I feel it is very true that the first time is the Golden Time and it is best to make the most of it if you can.

I have put so much of my life on hold while I dealt with this and that problem or issue at a the time, to find problems and things out of my control just keep coming as there is always something happening such is life...

Stress is part and parcel of today's world, no getting away from it.:(

Love Mini xxx

Not a lot to say except thinking of you and your family.
I think your sister just has to know your there for them x x x

i would just say be there for them i n any way you can ,this story brings home what happened to me 2 years ago my sister was diagnosed with cancer,previous to that shed been tret for a blood clot which later turned out, to be cancer, but all shed been given was warfarin for 18 months so by the time they found it was cancer it had already spread to her lymph nodes, she got married in her bedroom, and basically shut everyone else out including me my mum her sons, she died shortly afterwards,the day after she died i found out i was pregnant ,i just wish i could of been there for her

linda im so sorry to hear such awful news. i dont think u r being selfish, u r just being aware of ur coping abilities and thats a good thing. I hope the docs can do something for him. xxxx

I've just been told my brother inlaw has cancer, the worst of it is, they can't do anything for him because it's spread through his body. My sister is devestated and i don't know what to do to help her,what can i say?

Don't really need to say anything. Just listen. She'll appreciate a sounding board.

I feel numb myself, don't know how i'll cope with cd

As Mini says jumping off the wagon won't help and this is your golden time. You've got to stay on track and practice putting the chatterbox away when it tries to tempt you off CD.

Eating does nothing to help. Just gives you a few seconds of peace followed but regrets.:hug99:

just want to thank everyone for ur kind word's, i know breaking cd wont help anyone, it's just that i'm an emotional eater,but i'm going to try to stay focused, just phoned my sister and she wont talk to me about it, i don't think she can exept it. I'll just have to wait until she want's to talk.

linda im so sorry to hear such awful news. i dont think u r being selfish, u r just being aware of ur coping abilities and thats a good thing. I hope the docs can do something for him. xxxx

err...what i meant was, u r aware that stress can be a weakness while on CD so thats half the battle. I sincerely hope u get some good news regarding treatments etc. best wishes. xxxx

just want to thank everyone for ur kind word's, i know breaking cd wont help anyone, it's just that i'm an emotional eater

Great opportunity to work on this eh.
but i'm going to try to stay focused, just phoned my sister and she wont talk to me about it,

It may be that she is living and breathing this worry and talking to you about other things takes her away from it for a while.

im sure she just needs a little time to sort her head out. my hubby was the same way when we found out his dad is terminally ill a few months ago. it took a good couple of weeks for it to sink in and for him to proccess his thoughts. all i could do was wait for the floodgates to open and just be there to listen when the time came. Im sure she really appriciate that u r there for her, even if she isnt ready for it just yet. I know how awful it is to feel helpless to make them feel bvetter but the power of just listening and providing hugs when needed is enough. xxxx

No words of advice really, i guess all you can do is be there for her when/if she want's to talk. My thought are with you and your family :hug99:

I'm so sorry to hear this Linda.
A friend's husband is going through radiotherapy at the moment after 2 bouts of chemo and that's difficult enough to try and find the right thing to say.

I hope your sister is able to let you in soon. Just being there and listening is all you can do.
I'm sure you'll find the right words when they're needed.

Best wishes for the difficult weeks/months ahead.

Back