Not diet related-family holiday debate

Mrs Taurus

Silver Member
Hi everyone, as you now know Mr T has a very demanding job and works long hours, often away. I on the other hand do a daily 12 and a half hour shift with the human whirlwind(my 2 year 9 mnth rascal),so we are both in need of a break and some family time.
We are thinking Feb as Mr T can't really take time off til then(his company give good holidays for industry but never get to take them all!). By then master T will be just 3,so am debating centre parcs or Euro Disney. Didn't know if should wait another year for Euro D?
Any advice welcome......although think Mr T fancies a bit of sun to de-stress.:)

In Feb I would head for somewhere warm. Sun is a good de-stresser. I would wait for a place like Euro disney until your child is a little older/taller so that he can go on all the rides.
However - wherever you end up you will have fun being together :)

We love Disneyland Paris. Have been twice and have another little trip booked over Christmas.
Hollie was just 2 when we went first, and she loved it! We went again when she was 3 and she still talks about it now. We made a photo album for her and bought a box to put the things in that we bought/collected and it's like a box of memories for her.
Saying that, I've always wanted to go to Center Parks, but whenever I price it up, it seems cheaper to go abroad for a week!

I went to both DLP and DW when I was 4/5 and I barely remember it. I'd wait till junior was a bit older too, unless you are one of the mad DLP fans on here, in which case go back again when junior is older :)

Last edited:
Ahhh you don't know what you're missing! :p
Not that I'm Disney mad or anything....lol!
We got married in Florida this August- had the best time ever!

Attachments

• Disney5HollieMickey (Small).jpg
    Disney5HollieMickey (Small).jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 18
  • Disney4PlutoH&A (Small).jpg
    Disney4PlutoH&A (Small).jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 20
Not all kids dig Disney...our boys really found it boring when we went in July to Florida my eldest words were 'this sucks' LMAO!!!!!! our boys are hard to please though lol

I liked Epcot though :D

I would go with a sun holiday.... for sure!!!!!! relax relax relax!!!!

This big kid masquerading as a sometimes sensible adult can't wait for first trip to Disney (Florida) next year, yippee! Inclined to think it would be better for your darling human whirlwind to be a little bit older for Disney (just based on how much I can remember of holdays when I was really young)

Presently rather wishing to be an ex-pat in Spain, it must be nice alexice!

Yep, relax in the sun first (Canaries in Feb are warm enough) as our kids didn't really appreciate everything at Disney when we first went. I remember them being zonked out in their buggies and missing all of the firework display and parade

Sunshine and you little Junior will have so much fun in the pool sea and making sand castles and in the evening you can have nice meals and have some lovely family time.

GO FOR SUNSHINE XXX

Just in case you would consider holiday in uk until you get abroad or to DLP. This year we took DD (3+1mth) to a place called 'watermouth castle', nr ilfacoombe, devon. It is a castle converted into huge apartments, has a small pool, can use ajoining lodges pub/restaurant. Best of all the castle has a museum, dungeon with kids based activities, and a mini theme park, which you can access free every day,the grounds have been landscapes to provide amazing walks, with some fairground rides and 'gnome land'. Our daughter loved it and we got home and booked to go again that night. There is quite a bit to do with kids in the area.

Sorry for waffling, and of course it useless if you live in that area, but just thought i'd share. xx

Back