Not enough calories?

Lexie2005

5:2 lover
Do you believe the myth "you're not eating enough". MFP says I should be having 1300 to lose 2lb a week or 1550 for 1.5lb a week loss. Most days I'm on around 1200. Do you think that will be doing me any detriment?

All the diet tv program's I have seen suggest eating a bit more to loose. But it depends on how heavy you are and what you have put in the activity part of the mfp app.. I put sedentary and to loose 1/2 pound a week.. Which is 1750cals I aim to eat between 1500 and 1750

As i am not exercising still due to my injury I am still loosing 1lb or bit less a week

So I can imagine what I would loose if I was going to my Zumba class again 3x week!

Can't wait till my injury is fixed SIGH!

Just checked if I wanted to loose 2lbs a wk I would have to lower my cals to 1200 a week.. At the mo can't get my head around eating that little.. Am coping most days at 1500..

I'm a hippo mate & sedentary as I work in a call centre but try to walk for at least 30 minutes every day.... I have to lose another 90lbs. If i don't have a decent loss this week maybe I'll increase it

1200 is probably too low pet.. you might be at risk of your body trying to store fat x

Believe me, I had a condition called hyperemesis when I was pregnant as was unable to hold food down properly from about 5 weeks till around 20 weeks. In that time I lost nearly 2 stone, but most of it was in the first few weeks of it. I stopped loosing weight after a while, even thought I was probably on about 500 cals a day max (mostly less than that I'd guess).. and most of that from full sugar drinks.

Once I was able to eat again I was diagnosed with gestaional diabetes and started eating well and maintained that weigh for the rest of the pregnancy pretty much - I was 2.5 stone less than I started shortly after giving birth. So I have first hand experience of weight loss stopping weightloss by eating too few cals.

Everything I have read says you should really be eating 1300-1500 to be following a decent healthy diet.

I have to say, after that experience I would never ever try a VLCD. Ketosis is not a good place to be in x

Thanks so much for all your advice, I do worry that if I only eat 1200 then what will I do when I stop losing cos less than 1200 would be hard..... Think I'll up it a bit, thank you x

It all depends on what height and weight you are as to what cals you should eat to lose weight. Nobody is the same.
If you follow SW then the food is very balanced and you often eat a lot more to lose weight as if you do only eat too few calories then hyoid body does go into starvation mode.
I follow SW with my xenical but as I log onto mfp my calories fall between 1200 and 1400 per day. I lose an average of 1 lb a week now. It's slow but steady but I'm not on a diet I'm eating the way I can sustain forever.
Find what works for you without killing yourself . It's got to be sustainable

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Am still a little worried about this, I have just looked back & most days I have been around 1100 calories, most I have had is 1235. I am genuinely just not hungry enough to eat anymore. Will see how my loss is this week & maybe ask the nurses advice at clinic tomorrow....

Back