Not even started and have meal out planned - HELP!!!

Vicx

Reduction!!!!
Please help! I start SS on CD on the 2nd January and today we have been invited out for a chinese meal on the 12th January for Hubby's birthday!! AAAAAHHHHHH I can not not go but luckily it will be a set menu for 5 to help yourself to so I can control how much I eat but what can I eat and what should I avoid?????? Humph!!! I feel like I have failed and I haven't even started yet!!!:cry:

just because you go along doesnt mean that you have to eat. I went out for my 30th and while everyone else was eating and drinking i sat there and had a bar to eat and water to drink. I had a great time.

My advice is that if you are going to SS then go along to the meal and have water and your packs as one night out is just not worth knocking yourself out of ketosis for.

Failing that and if you are sure you are going to eat then I would not start the diet until after the meal.

Mike

Thanks for the advice guys. I am trying to think of ways to avoid going now, as I want to get started and I'm not a big fan of chinese anyhoo! Fingers crossed my hubby will understand!

I've basically put my social life on hold while doing CD as I personally couldn't bare to sit sipping my water while everyone else stuffed their faces lol. Although it's not ideal it's not forever, the sooner I get to my goal the sooner I can enjoy going out again, only this time wearing fantastic new clothes!

Corinne x

Hi there...

I started LL last year.... on the 7th November and the next day I went with friends to Nando's and sipped water while they eat... I felt fine....

I personally dont feel we should put our life on hold.... while we are dieting! You dont have to eat and drink to have fun and celebrate!

Nas x

Back