Not Fair!!!

Lynne_K

I bought a couple of avocados tonight, thinking that they might be only moderately synnie; they're 14 syns each according to the online calculator :cry::(

wow - and apparently so good for u as well

Yeah they're pretty high syns, but soooo delicious! Have half at a time? Even though they're high syns, I wouldn't feel guilty having them because they're so good for you!

I think they are high in fat though aren't they??? Although it seems very strange that any fruit would be high in fat!!

I think they are high in fat though aren't they??? Although it seems very strange that any fruit would be high in fat!!
Like nuts and seeds avocados are high in monounsaturated fat -- the "good" kind that actually lowers cholesterol levels. 75% of its calories come from fat. It is sensible to include avocado in any healthy eating plan as it is sooooooo good for you . xx

Definitely worth the syns in terms of health benefits though. If you eat half, keep the stone in the half you don't eat as that helps prevent it from going brown.

Enjoy, very healthy syns!! :)

Maybe I'll put a wee bit in the chicken salad I'm going to make for lunch :)

Thanks for the words of advice, ladies x

I noticed this on my first week, I had a moment of panic and posted on here, I ended up eating a quarter of it.

I know they are good for you, but I haven't had one since :D

I've just made an amazing chicken salad and have put a quarter avocado in with the mix.

This chicken salad is amazing. Red peppers, iceberg lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber, 1/4 avocado, roast chicken breast, croutons made with fry light and half HexB bread. Dressing made with free fromfrais, english mustard and coriander! YUM! Take the avocade out and it's completely syn-free. Incredible :D

Before I started SW I used to buy a bag of 5 or so avocadoes (small ones) a week and we'd eat them all - love them, very healthy but use in moderation :rolleyes:

I know it's soo disappointing, but don't give them up completely as they're mega mega good for you!! I think they should be added to the HEXb list (well 1/3 or so of one anyway!!) because of the nutritional value!

This is unfair! They are supposed to be good for you right? I bought two shopping yesterday. Gutted!

Back