not feeling great

preetone

Silver Member
not feeling great, have been eating 1000ish cals a day since friday now. less yesterday and today. and yet i still weigh the same... just making me feel worse
booohooohoooo

yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!

eating that low everyday will eventually make you hit a plateau (which you have) your metabolism will have slowed down and because you are eating so little, your body will store the food eaten as its in starvation mode.

To give yourself a kick start you will need to up your calories to approx 1500 calories to reboot your system. do this for at least a week, then drop your calories back down to 1200 a day. Realistically you shouldnt go down any further than 1200 as are body needs minumum 1200 calories to function.

i know upping your calorie intake may seem a bit scary, but trust me it works!

hope u feel a bit better soon. x

well the reduction in cals has in no way been to loose weight, also that is why i am here [thats a bit confusing] reason for going so low is just cos i feel so rough, eating anything hurts my throught... so lots of tea...
so hope when i start feeling better back to 1500, but i think i mite drop to 1200, as i just aint loosing any weight on 1500 a day

oh i feel rubbish, my cough is getting worse, horrible dry cough. Loads of soothers. loads of cough medican... whats the calories of those? cos i aint been counting them lol

getting really bored at home, am a teacher so cant really have a class full of 11-16 years olds unable to speak...

aww bless you.... just make sure rest up and get better soon, and dont worry about your calorie intake for now. Just make sure u take a multivitamin to get all the nutrients your missing out on. x

Ok I'm going to disagree here. I don't go over 1000 cals a day and I've yet to hit a plateau.Infact I've had nothing but fantastic losses week in week out and now I am about to hit goal for the first time in my life. Saying that though I am on a special diet alongside diet pills and being seen by a doctor every two weeks. Reducing your cals will not make you sick. If you're not getting the correct nutrietns you may feel sick. Without sounding like a hard face ***** here, Most of us never bothered getting them thats why we ended up gaining weigh in the first place on top of everything else. I fail to see a fat person who eats nothing but healthy fruits and veg day in day out and still gains weight. Sorry but I get really annoyed at some ppl who always make out they're hard done by and they're bigger than they should be for no reason.There's always a reason.

Preetone if you're ill then you're ill. Don't worry too much about counting your medicine just remember just because you're ill don't give yourself an excuse to "pig out" (Like I would have done yrs ago) Hope you get better soon xx

applauds to jenn for her fab rant. lol. Sorry if i offended you about the 1000 calorie thing, didnt mean to hun. Just saying what my doctor told me, but everyones different and some people (like yourself) can cope with 1000 calories a day.
Everybody is different, rangeing from height, metabolism, etc so therefore we all have different diets that do and dont work for us.......along with different doctors who say different things (who do we believe? lol)

but Jenn you are definatley right about "bigger" people who rant and rave about being so big, and they dont know why? its true, your only big because of what you eat, and how little exercise you dont do.

i think it does take time for some people to realise it, but once it does sink in, thats the turning point in peoples lives.

Sorry Dani didn't mean to come across as if I was offended because I wasn't I was just saying in general as I've read on this site so many times how it's so dangerous to go under 1000 cals but yet it's ok to do 410 cals a day on CD and LL?! Crazy if you ask me..

I remember havinga 2 hour heated discussion with a lady I used to work with. She was prob 8-9 stones overweight and she wasn't accepting that there is no such thing as big boned.No matter what I showed or told her she wouldn't believe me. I still laugh at how I was called ignorant because I refuse to listen to people who eat crap day in and day out and think they have a "Big boned illness" lmao <shakes head> xx

wow things got heated while i recovered! lol well im feeling alot better.
Well im back on 1500 cals, think im going to stick to 1500 cals for a week, then drop down to 1200.

hope no one else has got this bug thats going around and fluffa your right, if your feeling under the weather dont use it as an excuse to over eat!

Glad you're feeling better preetone. Just to add my two-pennies worth, I agree with the points made above and the "big boned" argument, but (as someone who has lost a lot of weight over the last few years and completely changed my attitude to food now), I feel I must say that some people do have larger frames that affect their size and therefore weight. We shouldn't belittle these people (of whom I am one!).

I don't expect ever to be a size 8 as I have an hourglass figure, of which my shoulders and hips are massive. I have what my mum has always called "rugby-players shoulders"!! There's hardly any fat on my hips now or my shoulders, yet my hips are still nearly 40 inches!

I know some people use "Big bones" as an excuse. Not me. But I do accept that my frame will NOT allow me to ever be teeny tiny. But I CAN be healthy, and that is my goal....

Just wanted to get that off my chest :D lol xxx

I think "I'm big boned" is an excuse most people have used at one point or another for being overweight.

It is true some people have a large frame, but it still isn't a valid excuse because you can be a healthy weight and be big boned at the same time.

I used to say it frequently, because my dad is big boned and I seemed to take after him, but now I've lost the weight I can see I am in fact rather small framed (my hips are only 33" - that's size 0 measurents :eek:! Of course the rest of my body isn't that small xD).

If you're overweight, you can't really tell your frame size anyways, and I'm a perfect example of that.

Fair points people.However I will say even when I was a size 16 and had massive hips and hourglass figure I still wasn't big boned. There is no medically term for big boned because it doesn't exist. Of course people have different frames not everyone would suit a size 8 frame but I don't believe size 16 could be a healthy size for someone who wasn't overweight. I got to size 16 by eating nothing but crap and not caring what went into me. Think back to 20-30 years ago how many people were size 16+? Guarantee not many at all.Don't get me wrong here each to their own I wouldn't belittle anyone for the size they are or were howevre saying that I will belittle someone who thinks they can tell me to my face they're overweight because they are big boned and not because they eat crap day in day out. People like this I feel sorry for. Ignorance maybe bliss but you're fooling no-one other than yourself. I think I have every right for my comments I've been on both sides of the coin. I'm gone to underweight to obese. I'm not here to make anyone feel bad however sometimes the truth hurts and I feel being honest is the best policy. I remember when I was at my biggest I had people telling me I didn't need to lose weight and that I wasn't fat. I'm glad someone had the balls to tell me otherwise and I'll always thank that person for being so direct with me. I wouldn't be typing this as a size 8 otherwise ;-) Good luck to you all whatevere size you are I am only pointing out my own experiances over the ast 5-7 years. Yes I may well have offended some people but you know sometimes the truth does hurt and I look at it like I'm not wrapping anyone in cotton wool. What you see is what you get with me. I'm sure I'm not on my own there either lol x

Sorry hun I didnt mean to imply YOU were belittling anyone! It was a general statement.... Please don't take what I said personally as it was just my thoughts and not a criticism aimed at anyone, nor a defence for ppl saying they are "big boned".

I obviously know it's not a medical condition, but some ppl are larger framed than others, as you have said, (just as they are different heights), and therefore whilst it can't be used as an excuse for being overweight, it does affect the size that some people may be, in that even if they are slim and do not carry excess weight they may look larger than someone else the same height as them who is also slim.

PS you haven't offended me, I'm doing something about my weight and am happy where I am right now!

Last edited:
Wannabeslim Please forgive me. I do come across as very direct in my posts and I can assure you I didn't mean to come across as if I was having a go at you. I also didn't take it personally. It's just one of my biggest bugbears in dieting lol.I would like to say well done on your fantastic weight loss you're doing so well and you look great in your photo.Keep up the fantastic work and your attuitude should be applauded I look up to people like you :) x

Oh bless ya hun, thanks for that it has really cheered me up (I was really worried I'd p****d ya off!). Am having a tough time at the mo as may be losing my job to the recession :( so have switched from CD to WW as I don't feel I can justify £40 a week on a diet anymore... I need to learn to manage food properly, so am addressing this through WW. Just hoping it works now!

xxxx

Oh I'm really sorry to hear that I'll keep my fingers crossed for you so that it doesn't result in you being made redundant. If I can be of any help regarding the diet let me know. I'm a ex LL and CD'er decided after 3 years of doing the liquids every winter only to gain in all back by summer I should really learn how to diet correctly. So far so good lol CC is easy once you get your head round it lol xx

Thanks hun, had my last WI with CDC today and have only 4lbs to go until I'm a healthy weight :D so chuffed! Just need to shift them and then probably at least another half stone, maybe one full one if I can!

Am following WW to help me get to about 10.7 (am 11.5 now) and will then do CC so will probably need to pick your brains then! xxx

Back