Not feeling the love...

WobblyBobbly

Made it to day 11, and was just starting to feel like his diet may be working, and then at work today all I get told is how pale and tired I look at the moment.
Maybe this diet isnt for me and I should try something else...only compliments I've had so far are from my mum and OH...feel they have to compliment me though, whereas work mates will always tell you the truth..
Not sure what to do :sigh:

The only thing I'd ask you is How are you feeling? If the overall mood and energy level is good I'd stay at it if I where you. We all have days when we look washed out and pale so try not to confuse that with not looking well. Only you know if the diet is working for you.

Wobbly...do you normally have a tanned complection or wear lots of makeup? Have you changed doing things like that?? As I've only had compliments about fresh my skins looking now ;) its all that water I'm drinking obviously doing the trick.

Is it because your not getting support from work colleagues that you want to change the diet your on?? How are you feeling in yourself on this diet?

It is a hard diet to stick to but its well worth the effort for how quickly you see results in my opinion. We ALL have to do what's right for us tho...what other diet are you considering swopping to if you do swop? x x x

I agree... how are YOU feeling??? This diet is hard but its worth it... there's not many you would lose 8lb in one week!!!

Its so easy to look for a reason to stop... I do it every week lol...

But If i was you hun.... wait till your next WI and see what you think... Have you thought maybe they are jealous that you are sticking to it!!! You never know!!

Hope your ok!

x

If I'm honest I don't feel great, I have literally no energy at the moment which I'm sure is just my body getting used to this diet but it is making it hard to want to stick to.
I'm still wearing the same amount of makeup I used to so maybe I'm just coming down with something and that's why I look pale at the moment.
I think if I come off this diet I will stick to my original plan of going onto WW or SW, I managed to lose about 2 and a half stone on WW last time so hopefully will be able to do just as well this time.
Got my WI on Monday so will make a decision then I think.
Thanks for the support everyone :) x x

Someone said the same thing to my mum at her workplace yesterday. But, this someone is reknowned for being a bit nasty.
Could it possible be a touch of the green-eyed monster??

No one knows I'm on LT except my folks, OH and of course all you lovely peeps on here!! x

Nobody at work knows I'm on it either, just my parents and OH, can't be dealing with the criticism, another girl at work done LT for a few months and done really well but just got a lot of jip behind her back for doing it, people saying it was cheating and she would put the weight straight back on after etc...hardly encouraging.
I've told my OH to be totally honest with me and if I start looking ill then to tell me, I'm hoping my WI on Monday will encourage me to make it through another week! X

...another girl at work done LT for a few months and done really well but just got a lot of jip behind her back for doing it, people saying it was cheating and she would put the weight straight back on after etc...hardly encouraging.

Oh, hun - that sucks massively! There's another thread at the mo, saying similar things - it absolutely infuriates me! Thank goodness I've never come across such idiots, but if I ever do I'll struggle not to tear strips off them... They are morons of the highest degree, as far as I'm concerned! How can ANY way of losing weight be "cheating", and what the heck does it matter to them anyway?

:rant2:

*How* we lose weight has absolutely no bearing on whether we'll put the weight back on - the only factor that affects that, is whether we go back to our old, bad habits and eat crappy food again... If anything, a plan like this (thoroughly sanctioned by doctors, don't forget!) probably *helps* in that regard, because it physically alters your tastebuds and forces you to think about food in a new way. If you can spend this time re-educating yourself, and gain confidence in your ability to control your eating, you're going to be fine.

Btw, the lack of energy is something I get too. Had it for the first couple or three weeks, then I started to feel better once the weight was properly coming off - I can climb 2 flights of stairs with ease now, whereas I used to be dragging myself up them and be shattered. But last week I was back to feeling exhausted and listless again and I'm afraid I've no idea why... I hope it passes for you soon and you can start to see some encouraging results. I've now accepted that there will be tough days, even tough weeks, but they pass, and I'm always moving in the right direction...

Best of luck,
Marianne x

Oh, hun - that sucks massively! There's another thread at the mo, saying similar things - it absolutely infuriates me! Thank goodness I've never come across such idiots, but if I ever do I'll struggle not to tear strips off them... They are morons of the highest degree, as far as I'm concerned! How can ANY way of losing weight be "cheating", and what the heck does it matter to them anyway?

:rant2:

*How* we lose weight has absolutely no bearing on whether we'll put the weight back on - the only factor that affects that, is whether we go back to our old, bad habits and eat crappy food again... If anything, a plan like this (thoroughly sanctioned by doctors, don't forget!) probably *helps* in that regard, because it physically alters your tastebuds and forces you to think about food in a new way. If you can spend this time re-educating yourself, and gain confidence in your ability to control your eating, you're going to be fine.

Btw, the lack of energy is something I get too. Had it for the first couple or three weeks, then I started to feel better once the weight was properly coming off - I can climb 2 flights of stairs with ease now, whereas I used to be dragging myself up them and be shattered. But last week I was back to feeling exhausted and listless again and I'm afraid I've no idea why... I hope it passes for you soon and you can start to see some encouraging results. I've now accepted that there will be tough days, even tough weeks, but they pass, and I'm always moving in the right direction...

Best of luck,
Marianne x

couldn't have said what any better myself!! :D

I'd love to see these fools who call it 'cheating' give it a go - they wouldn't last the day! So, to make themselves feel good about it they ***** and try to put those who do a TFR plan down - all just to make themselves feel better!
PS: I really hope I don't come across this 'cheating' thread on here!!!! :mad:

Nobody at work knows I'm on it either, just my parents and OH, can't be dealing with the criticism, another girl at work done LT for a few months and done really well but just got a lot of jip behind her back for doing it, people saying it was cheating and she would put the weight straight back on after etc...hardly encouraging.
I've told my OH to be totally honest with me and if I start looking ill then to tell me, I'm hoping my WI on Monday will encourage me to make it through another week! X

There will always be some wally at work somewhere who can't help sticking the boot in - you're best not telling anyone. Its none of their business anyway!!!
Best of luck for Monday - keep us posted!! x :)

PS: I really hope I don't come across this 'cheating' thread on here!!!! :mad:

Oh there's no-one who says such things to us on here (they wouldn't dare! :asskick:) - the thread is about dealing with idiot work colleagues or whatever who spout it...

Personally I think that anyone who says this is cheating should think about:
1) try this diet themselves then say that again!
2) might be slightly jealous that your willpower is that strong that you can successfully do this diet and have amazing results in a short space of time.
3) might be feeling envious of how much confidence your getting and the only way to take you back down is to derail your efforts!
4) REAL/True friends would encourage you to lose weight to benefit your health and sooo many other reasons as well.

Basically I think were all amazing for doing this for our own individual reasons. We CAN do this x x x

Oh there's no-one who says such things to us on here (they wouldn't dare! :asskick:) - the thread is about dealing with idiot work colleagues or whatever who spout it...

Ahhh right!!!! Some people though eh!? There's always 1 or 3 bad apples somewhere to try and pull you off the wagon! x

Back