Not going into ketosis

Gillclark1

Help why am I not going into ketosis, I feel cold, depressed, tired and miserable :) I have been 100 % TS and lost 7.5 lb last week. But want to feel healthy :( what am I doing wrong? Drinking 6 pints of water daily, which is 3.45 ltrs so should feel great and full of energy!!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

What makes you so sure you're not in ketosis. It's very unlikely you're not after all this time

Hi, have you bought any ketostix. I got some today and im on day 5 and it said i was in ketosis even though im still a bit hungry. It made me feel better to know i was but ive lost 7lbs so far so know its working.

Are ketostix's no good then ?

Ketostix are notoriously inaccurate :(

I have ketostix and they just keep coming up negative :( I think I am just feeling depressed at the moment :( things will change in a while I suppose. Thanks for listening x

Ketostix have never worked for me, for some reason (maybe i get extra gross breath). You have lost 7.5lb in a week, and feeling cold... Defo sounds like you are in ketosis. Feeling down isn't unusual as you don't have your normal method of relieving stress.

I have ketostix and they just keep coming up negative :( I think I am just feeling depressed at the moment :( things will change in a while I suppose. Thanks for listening x

Bin them! The length of time youve been on the diet its almost impossible for you not to be in ketosis. Theyre notoriously unreliable. If you follow the plan youll be in ketosis pure and simple.

Thank you for all your advice, the sticks going in the bin, I shan't bother with them at all. Today a new day, so hopefully will be a better one than yesterday. Positive thinking today.
Hope everyone has a good day :)

Hi I'm a week into Exante, being 100% and loads of water, but the ketostix kept showing nothing, so I bought some from Boots on wednesday and they showed I am, so I think it must have been the ones I bought online that were useless! I think they sometimes show strongest in the morning, before you've drunk loads of water. But I know they don't work reliably for everyone, it's probably best not to believe what they say if you're sticking to the packs 100%, Sue x

Don`t use the keto sticks myself,countless cleaning of teeth/mouthwash is needed as your breath will be smelly.
A paramedic pal told me diabetics who have a high blood sugar have breath that smells very sweet(like pear drops) because they are said to be in a ketoacidotic state,and the symptoms are the same as when you are on a vlcd.
Smelly breath is a huge indicator.

Back