Not got a scooby what to do with quark...

Oh God- am I alone in hating quark?

All these recipes sound lovely, but whenever I have tried to use it in the past is doesn't seem to work. It always seems to taste chalky and sour to me- no matter how many tasty ingredients I mix with it!

Is this just me or am I doing something stupid?

Nope it isn't just you - I do use it but I don't particularly like it, it always tastes a bit off to me, I keep trying as I am hoping that one day I will start to enjoy it (like scan bran) but so far it hasn't been working!

We wizz 112g of very strong cheddar into a whole pot of Quark, and it makes 4 big portions of "cheese spread", ideal on Scan Bran for lunch - makes 28g of cheese go so much further!

Would also be good in baked potatoes.

Is it possible to change the heading of this thread to include the word Quark so that others can find it easily - there are some brilliant ideas here, but it used to sit around in our fridge for ages as we had no idea how to use it either, and it is FREE!

In fact we had some which got very overdated, and I said to hubby " you'd better taste that to see if it's off" and he replied "how would I know?"!!!

But we're both addicted now!

Last edited:
Should have said we add some coarse black pepper to our cheese spread, but I'm sure you'll all have your own favourite addition.

Round here we can buy Quark in Sainsbury and Tesco (maybe Asda also, not tried) usually by the soft cheeses.

Back