not hungry ? a myth....

Illa

Silver Member
Well I wanted to have some feedbacks about the feeling of hunger while on SS. So ketosis is supposed to prevent us from feeling starved, except for maybe the first days while our body is adapting to changes...well from my experience that's not at all what's happening. I have days where I feel ok, not hungry at all, some days where I'm not hungry but so lightheaded I can't concentrate on anything, some days where I'm just exhausted, and some others where I'd die for a piece of bread.

Not anything I wouldn't feel while not eating at all I guess, including the feeling of not being hungry at all....So I stick to the diet, because I've decided to but I just wish that these false statement about how we do not feel hunger while on SS would not be part of the deal...and the advertisement. I like truth about things. What do you think ?

Well I wanted to have some feedbacks about the feeling of hunger while on SS. So ketosis is supposed to prevent us from feeling starved, except for maybe the first days while our body is adapting to changes...well from my experience that's not at all what's happening. I have days where I feel ok, not hungry at all, some days where I'm not hungry but so lightheaded I can't concentrate on anything, some days where I'm just exhausted, and some others where I'd die for a piece of bread.

Not anything I wouldn't feel while not eating at all I guess, including the feeling of not being hungry at all....So I stick to the diet, because I've decided to but I just wish that these false statement about how we do not feel hunger while on SS would not be part of the deal...and the advertisement. I like truth about things. What do you think ?

I am on Lipotrim which is similar to cambridge diet, I don't feel hungry but I do have bad time when I see others eating around me. First few days were difficult thereafter I settled into a routine.
I believe you will have to differentiate between being hungry and craving:D

I disagree:)
I don't feel hungry. I haven't (with the odd exception, maybe once or twice) in the last nine weeks. I suppose everyone is different, but I'm certainly not hungry:)

So ketosis is supposed to prevent us from feeling starved, except for maybe the first days while our body is adapting to changes...well from my experience that's not at all what's happening. I have days where I feel ok, not hungry at all, some days where I'm not hungry but so lightheaded I can't concentrate on anything, some days where I'm just exhausted, and some others where I'd die for a piece of bread.

.... I just wish that these false statement about how we do not feel hunger while on SS would not be part of the deal...and the advertisement. I like truth about things. What do you think ?

How long have you been on SS? For many people, it can take up to two weeks for the body to produce enough of the enzyme that enables your body to use fat as a source of energy. So, if it has been less than two weeks, you may not be fully in ketosis.

In any case, ketosis does not prevent the feeling of hunger per se, just stops it being intense! If you go for long periods of time without feeding your body (more than 6 hours), you will likely feel hungry - ketosis or not. Keep hanging in there - you will get there.

Thankyou:)
The odd time I have felt hungry is when I've not been able to get my shake/bar on time. I agree that a lot of the time we confuse hunger with craving. I now genuinely 'forget' to eat. I'll eat because I know I have to rather than actually being hungry. I like this feeling!!!lol

Hi there,
I'm ending my 4th week in a few days and I'm still hungry! I read somewhere that while ketosis does suppress hunger pains for a lot of people it is not true for everyone. I guess we're just some of the unlucky few who don't reap this benefit:cry:
However, maybe we just need a bit more determination than the others! I've remained 100% and continue to be in ketosis, with the dragon breath to boot. And if this makes any sense, I had my first bar today (brilliant) for lunch and afterward I felt positively guilty and felt like I had a bloated stomach like from a huge meal, and STILL I managed to have hunger pangs! Go figure.
So let's just hang in there and count down the pounds as they come off :cool:

It takes a few weeks for the psychological feeling of hunger to pass - I find that once I'm through week 8 I'm cruising it and never think about food or get hungry - before that it comes and goes. After the first week or so, any feelings of hunger are purely psychological - and it is next to impossible to distinguish it from real hunger. Your body and brain is very clever at getting fed!

Oh hang on Illa - I forgot you were in Belgium aren't you? - I can't speak for 800 as it's borderline as to whether you're in ketosis or not. I have just done my first ever 810 week after 12 weeks of SS and didn't feel hungry once but I was already in full ketosis.

Hi ladies, I do get the odd pang, so I guess I'm 'one of you!' but I tend to just ignore it and it passes. Saying that, there are some days when I also 'forget' to eat, but again I do enjoy my shakes/bars and seem to have more a hunger for them than a 'hunger' per se...
From what I've been told on here (there are loads that really know their stuff!!) it does differ and it's more about the craving/habit than the actual real hunger. I've been on plan for around 4 weeks now, and it does ease off - I suppose this is as your body gets used to burning the fat... I dunno - but it sure works :D

Back