Not in ketosis yet??!!

lucienne

:confused: Hi all,

I started the Cambridge SS diet last Friday and have bought some ketosticks this afternoon, they show no trace...:confused:

I was told i would be in Ketosis after 3 days, i have not cheated at all...can anyone tell me what i can expect.

I have lost weight though, 5 pounds so far so im not complaining:)

Bin the stixs ;0( they don't always tell the truth you can still be in mild ketosis and they don't show it. However you have lost weight HURRAH so you know the diet is working EXCELLENT result, well done.
Don't forget to do your measurements; waist (very important health wise) thighs, upper arm, thighs bust, hips etc. Do them once a week and you will see your self shrinking ;0) Go girl! Keep in touch. Remember to drink at least 4 pints water.
Janex

Hi honey i just did the stix and i got rose pink but i was told don't always believe the stix due to time of day strength of urine etc etc. The scales tell the full truth at the end of the day so if your showing a loss you are doing it right.

Good Luck Hon XXX

Thanks, i will stop fretting now!! (c:
I have noticed that my work trousers seems to fit much better now, thank goodness... and managed to get into jeans which i have not been able to wear for a few weeks now.

Im feeling positive, although after eating my "tonights" soup, (spicy tomato YUK) i could quite happily tuck into the chilly con carne i made for my son.

I shall keep going, i was 12st7 and hope to reach 10st for a healthy waistline.

I like your weight loss ticker, how can i get one of those...(c;

Lucie x

hiya, best time to check with the stix is 1st thing in the morning :) because in the afternoon you have drank alot of water and it can show a neg reading. any pink at all on the stick means you are in ketosis. and they dont work for some people, and if you are sticking 100% to the diet then you dont need them!nice to see the pink though!

Just click on my ticker and it should take you to the ticker factory honey xxx

Hi Lucienne,

I pinched a couple of sticks from a friend to try and they didn't show very pink, but I had a good loss in week 1, so I don't bother with them now. If you are losing Lbs and inches, I wouldn't worry!

Mooee

Hi, and thanks for your kind replies!

I am very much so in ketosis, showing a nice pink colour now... (hmmm..maybe good colour for the bedroom as im redecorating this weekend...LOL)

Passed week one today and lost a total 9 pounds!! im so chuffed as it seemed such an easy way to lose it.

Fingers crossed for week 2 now...

well done

becky85 said:
if you are sticking 100% to the diet then you dont need them!

Indeed!
If you know that you have stuck to it 100%, then there is no way that you cannot be in Ketosis - fat is the only place your body has left to turn to for energy! :)

Back