Not losing quick enough

Mini_Mimi

I know I probably sound like I'm being really impatient....maybe I am, hehe. But, I honestly thought I'd be losing weight quicker than this, I haven't stuck to a proper diet for years but last time I did I lost weight really quickly, so expected to have lost more than this by now, especially as I am bigger than I was before. I was always around 14.5-14.9 stone. Joined the gym and started eating healthier and in that two weeks I went up to 14.12 which obviously I was shocked about. My appetite completely went and once I felt able to eat again I started slim and save, by that time I'd dropped to 14.4lbs just from not being able to eat due to stress. So since starting slim and save I've lost 8lbs and I'm 13.9-13.10 but I've just realised I've pretty much been the same weight for about two weeks now and I'm really disappointed. Also according to ketostix I am in ketosis so I'm really confused, shouldn't the fat be melting off by now, haha? Can I do anything to speed it up a little?

hi,

Ketosis doesn't mean automatic weightloss - it just means you are burning fat. So if you eat more fat than you need, you won't go into your fat stores. However if you are doing a VCLD it is highly unlikely you are eating too much fat!

If I was you, I might be tempted to do a re-feed for a week or 2 and let your body rest. if you've suddenly starting exercising, and cut your calories dramatically, your body might be having a strop with you (this is a highly technical medical term obviously).
i think the re-feeds are generally low fat and low carb, so i would encourage you to stick to the low carb element but add more calories and see what your body does.

other things to consider:
are you drinking enough water?
are hormones affecting the loss ie time of the month?
have you done a lot of exercise, so your muscles are retaining water to repair?

Sorry I've taken so long to respond. Saw the notification on my phone, then couldn't find it again.
Thank you so much for replying to my post. I've actually been off Slim and Save for a little while now, a weekend off turned into a couple of weeks off, haha. Oops. I think eating actually helped as I managed to then lose a couple of pounds, after being 13st 9lbs, went down to 13st 6lbs, am now going between that and 13st 8lbs. Time of month at the moment, but when that's passed I'm going straight back on plan and hopefully will lose again.
Thanks for the information and tips. Loved the medical term, hehe :)

Back