Not losing weight??

JaxieD

Silver Member
Hi, I've been doing SW (from home) for 2 weeks now (extra easy) and have lost very little weight (0.8lbs). I know a loss is a loss....but still!! I'm 13st 11 and would generally expect better than this on my first week. I know SW like the back of my hand (ive done it a few times over the years :-( ) and I know I'm being 100% and not going overboard with my carbs etc. I've always been a really slow loser on SW but I still lost on it. This time I've incorporated exercise into the programme and over the past 2 weeks I've exercised 4-5 times a week (half hour each time) doing spinning and kettle bells along with the odd brisk walk. I really thought that would make a difference but it really hasn't and I'm so disappointed as I've always thought SW to be a great eating plan. I can't even say that I'm losing inches as all my clothes are just as tight as before. I did put on 9lbs in December which was awful as I really wasn't that bad. I thought my first week back on plan would see me lose about 3lbs but alas it was not to be :'-(

I'm sticking with it in the meantime but was wondering if anyone else has experience of this?? It's so frustrating as I'm trying do hard

Upping your exercise sometimes means that your body takes a few weeks to be up to speed, so to speak. Give it another week or so, and then if you haven't lost I would say try something else. In the meantime can you give us an example of a food diary?

Plus sometimes your body just doesn't lose for whatever reason. This week, despite being really good, I put on a half a pound. *shrug* just one of those things.

My mum is having the same problem, she STS this week even though she's been really good so she's feeling frustrated too. I don't know what to suggest to her :-(

I think you really need to give sw at least a month before you try to do something else as it may take your body that long to readjust to the change in food.
I must be the slowest loser ever some weeks I lose nothing which is really frustrating but then others I'll lose 2 or lbs. My losses average out at 0.5lb to 1lb a week and I've sts since just after xmas. I stick at it though as I know it works and my losses show through in the end :)

I think you really need to give sw at least a month before you try to do something else as it may take your body that long to readjust to the change in food.
I must be the slowest loser ever some weeks I lose nothing which is really frustrating but then others I'll lose 2 or lbs. My losses average out at 0.5lb to 1lb a week and I've sts since just after xmas. I stick at it though as I know it works and my losses show through in the end :)

xMandyDx said:
Upping your exercise sometimes means that your body takes a few weeks to be up to speed, so to speak. Give it another week or so, and then if you haven't lost I would say try something else. In the meantime can you give us an example of a food diary?

Plus sometimes your body just doesn't lose for whatever reason. This week, despite being really good, I put on a half a pound. *shrug* just one of those things.

Thanks,
I do keep a food diary in minimins...My gotta do it diary :)

Suppose I'm just feeling a little down at the mo :-(

There are so many threads at the moment from people who have upped their exercise a lot and had disappointing losses. It's all down to fluid retention. Go browsing and have a read of them to see what people have been saying. And drink more water!

xMandyDx said:

I agree!! Mine if I go mad on exercising this week, I won't see a diff on my weigh in on Monday it's the week after that I see it!! Don't give up I promise you'll be fine x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

So glad to read this. Iam same weight 13.11 been do good on the SW diet but the weight just isn't shifting. Stayed the same for 1 week and 4 days. Been going to a Zumba class 3 times a week too. It's my first time in SW so any help advice would be great! Getting very disheartened!

Moll1986 said:
So glad to read this. Iam same weight 13.11 been do good on the SW diet but the weight just isn't shifting. Stayed the same for 1 week and 4 days. Been going to a Zumba class 3 times a week too. It's my first time in SW so any help advice would be great! Getting very disheartened!

Hi Moll,

I know it's awful for you but I'm glad it's just not me :-(. Think the only thing is to keep at it.....I'm going to try red and green days for a while to see if they make any difference.

I have been doing SW for a month and have lost 7.5lbs only. I have been very good and stuck to the plan 100% with exception of 1 day. Last week I increased my exercise and decided to try EE. I made sure that I drank plenty of fluid after the exercise in form of water, Black tea (I do not drink squashes with artificial sweetners) and soup made with plenty of superfree food (kept veg in pieces rather than blitzing the soup) and today (my WI day) lost 2.5lbs.

When you start exercising your body retains water and you must make sure to drink plenty to replace lost fluid through sweating and exercising.

Try drinking a lot of fluid and see what happens.

floweryrosie said:
I have been doing SW for a month and have lost 7.5lbs only. I have been very good and stuck to the plan 100% with exception of 1 day. Last week I increased my exercise and decided to try EE. I made sure that I drank plenty of fluid after the exercise in form of water, Black tea (I do not drink squashes with artificial sweetners) and soup made with plenty of superfree food (kept veg in pieces rather than blitzing the soup) and today (my WI day) lost 2.5lbs.

When you start exercising your body retains water and you must make sure to drink plenty to replace lost fluid through sweating and exercising.

Try drinking a lot of fluid and see what happens.

Thanks flowery, I try to drink a couple of litres a day although today haven't been great.....

Back