Not lost any weight in 3 weeks

Sweethearts

Gold Member
Hi, I have been on SW for over a year now.. after falling off the wagon in November i got back on it in December. After having a 6lb loss in my first week i was obviously ecstatic! then weeks here and there i had a STS and 1lb loss here and there.
Since about a month a go i have not lost any weight, i have honestly been counting all my syns correctly, having all my healthy extra's, superspeed & superfree foods. I do exercise, usually have an hour of walking 4 times a week. I just don't understand why i am not losing weight?!:confused::(

can anyone help?

x

its so very frustrating isnt it.

do you have a food diary we could have a looksee at? maybe you are missing something?

xx

I agree with showing us the food diary.
My other advice is about the exercise. You walk a lot as you've said, but I'm assuming you've done that for a while, therefore you're no longer pushing your body, your body is used to it. Try increasing the exercise perhaps? Walk up more hills? Put some swimming in there once a week?

How big are your portions? I know with slimming world we can eat as much as we want until we are full, but perhaps it could be portion size too? I've no idea, it's just a thought x

Good luck :D

here is my food for today

ee.

Breakfast
Scrambled Egg(Hea)
Bacon(Fat removed)
Beans
Mushrooms
Grilled Tomatoes

Lunch
Tuna
2 TBSP Mayo
(1 Syn)
Pasta Shells
Cucumber
Spinach
Salad

Dinner
Spicy Crust Chicken
SW Chips
Cauliflower
Carrots
Broccoli

Snack
2 x Toast
(Heb)
10g Flora Light
(1.5 Syns)
Baked Stars
(5 Syns)
Apple
Satsuma

Syns -
7.5/105

i have been away for a while so i'm unsure whether the healthy extra's have been updated as i do it from home. xXx

It looks pretty good to me, but I am very new to SW so hopefully someone with more experience will have some more advice! I just wanted to mention that 2tbsps of extra light mayo is 2 syns :)

Also wondering why scrambled egg is your HexA? What is in it?

It looks pretty good to me, but I am very new to SW so hopefully someone with more experience will have some more advice! I just wanted to mention that 2tbsps of extra light mayo is 2 syns :)

Also wondering why scrambled egg is your HexA? What is in it?

i use milk in my scrambled egg :)
i don't get the mayo thing, according to the jar it's 10 syns for a TBSP.. always gets me confused?

x

Maybe its a different brand or something? I checked the SW online database before I posted to double check, and it says that 1 tbsp of extra light mayo is 1 syn.

Looks okay to me too . Im sorry your having problems. Take your food diary to your next meeting and have a chat with your consultant. Good luck xxx

i use milk in my scrambled egg :)
i don't get the mayo thing, according to the jar it's 10 syns for a TBSP.. always gets me confused?

x

hellmans and tesco extra light mayo is 1/2 syn a tbsp, asdas is slightly more I think! X

Your food looks really good, not sure why you arnt losing. You are usually pretty good with the 1/3 super free per plate aswell, so can't blame it on that! Are you drinking enough water? X

10 syns a tbsp?! That's not right. Do you mean 10 calls? ;)

Are you having milk in tea and coffee too? What Ae you drinking? Have you had your thyroid checked?

i would stay off the bread .... I always put it on with that.

hth

Are you having milk in tea and coffee too? What Ae you drinking? Have you had your thyroid checked?

i would stay off the bread .... I always put it on with that.

hth

yes but whenever i put milk in my tea or coffee i make sure iu se my hexa for it.
I know bread is a no no but giving it up is a no no for me, i love it too much lol

Can you try give up bread just for a week or least every other day just to see if it makes an impact? I know it's hard but it could be worth if :) x

Could you try walking faster when walking the dogs? Or walking up hill? Or go swimming once a week or something. Just wondering if your body has got used to the exercise and therefore your body no longer feels pushed?

i was going to ask about the HexA as im guessing you dont use the full 250ml in your eggs, so are you using your full allowance with your tea milk too? Our C drills it into us that we have to use our full HexA allowance wherever possible as it essential to get those in our diet? other than that the only other thing i'd suggest is Variety as i know weeks when ive eaten alot of the same meals ive had smaller losses than those weeks when i've mixed up my meals and tried new recipes. Just a thought anyway! :)

yes but whenever i put milk in my tea or coffee i make sure iu se my hexa for it.
I know bread is a no no but giving it up is a no no for me, i love it too much lol

Are you weighing your bread? What type do you use?

I've had a look at your diary and in theory it's fine. You eat a lot of food and I'm surprised that you'd need toast as a snack in addition to your other three meals which were pretty substantial. Would you maybe try fruit and yogurt as a snack? Also look at upping your super free. I'd introduce some fish and fruits like melon etc.

I'd also maybe have a look at your portion sizes. If you're eating things like pasta at lunch and then SW chips for supper, these are the type of foods where you really need to keep a close eye on your portions. It's great that potatoes and pasta are "free" foods but that doesn't mean an unlimited amount so keep that in check.

Back