Not quite as hungry as usual - but why ??!!??

gobolino

Gold Member
:confused: Usually I'm a very hungry person, need all my HB's, all my HA's and all my free food thank you very much. But today I've noticed a bit difference in that I'm much less hungry than normal.

I'm wondering if this is down to not eating as much fruit today.... normally I do eat alot of fruit (especially at work) ! The only other things I can think of that I've done differently is split my breakfast up over two sessions, I've gone to curves gym which I've not been to since November and thats about it. Maybe its the gym ?

So far today I've had
Breakfast 1: 1 weetabix with water
Gym
Breakfast 2: 1 weetabix with water (HB for the 2 weetabix), followed by 1 nimble wholemeal (will top this up later to make it a HB choice), and beans

Dinner: Large feta salad (HA for 42g feta) with a small jacket potato and tsp flora buttery (1.5syns), piece of squidgy chocolate cake from recipe section (3syns), fromage frais.
Walk

Tea 1: homity pie (HA)
Tea 2: to be eaten later when hubby gets home (!) BNS squash and red lentil curry (1syn) and rice.

Snacks: 6 mikado (3syns)

Will probably have a small green and blacks bar later (4syns) and a bowl of fruit salad.

I'm tempted to say I feel a damn sight better for eating more salad/veg with meals and less fruit during the day.

Anyone have any ideas why I'm less hungry ????

Eating little and often is always better than 3 meals a day. It keeps your metabolism stable too. Also only eating til you are satisfied and not full will have more benefit.

Exercise is like a natural appetite surpressant too

Eating little and often is always better than 3 meals a day. It keeps your metabolism stable too. Also only eating til you are satisfied and not full will have more benefit.

Exercise is like a natural appetite surpressant too

Thanks Taz :) I just couldnt work out if it was those things or if it was just eating less fruit. I was wondering if no fruit throughout the day meant that my blood sugar was more even. Only wondering as most days I'm always hungry (or think I am) and most days I do eat alot of fruit !

Going to get some more exercise now ;)

hi i exercise every morning and when i first finsh i am full up, then an hour later i am hungry again.

doing SW you start to not need as much food as normal and its great because your filling up on fruit.

are you drinking lots - this helps keep hunger away

Hey Panda - I think I am drinking more ! Its true it does help.... thanks ;)

Hi Goblino,

I started swimming again recently, and for some reason have found if I go swimming straight home after work, when I get home I am not as hungry as if I didn't go swimming.

Don't know why this is, but I always seem to eat less after swimming - perhaps it is because I am drinking more water

Fruit makes me very hungry, obviously the sugars in fruit play havoc with my blood sugar. I'm always better off if I avoid fruit as much as possible.

Hi Goblino,

I started swimming again recently, and for some reason have found if I go swimming straight home after work, when I get home I am not as hungry as if I didn't go swimming.

Don't know why this is, but I always seem to eat less after swimming - perhaps it is because I am drinking more water
Exercise releases endorphins which is like natural prozac. This will act as an appetite surpressant

Fruit makes me very hungry, obviously the sugars in fruit play havoc with my blood sugar. I'm always better off if I avoid fruit as much as possible.

Me too. I have discovered that when I ate a lot of fruit I was constantly hungry. Now I have fruit occasionally but eat loads of veg and it seems to work well for me.

Back