Not Sure What To Do :S

Hi Kelly
I hope you enjoy the meeting tonight. I joined on the 6th of this month and the first week I walked in and although there were signs EVERYWHERE i asked if I was in the right place. I felt such a twit lol.
I went back this week and I was asked how I got in and felt able to say something in the group talk. Everyone was so friendly and you have a laugh about the ups and downs of weightloss. Im sure you'll enjoy it.

Welcome to the forum and I'm sure you'll be fine at the meeting tonight. I went to my first meeting on Tuesday so I'm just three days into the diet. Don't worry about the consultant knowing whether or not you are going. Most people just turn up without contacting a consultant first - I know that's what I did. They will realise that you are new and come over to speak to you :)

Don't forget to come back here with any questions!

hi kelly, im from south yorkshire!!!! WERE abouts are u??? i joined i think it was 8-9 wks ago feelin exactly the same, haha its funny i just imagined it to be like fat club on little britain and was soooo nervous lolhow wrong was i?? its lovely the people at my class are so welcoming and all in the same position( unhappy with their weight of al shapes n sizes) good luck hunny
laura x

Good luck Kelly i am sure you will enjoy it, and keep coming on here the support is fantastic

everything crossed :)

I'm certain u made the right choice going, come back all motivated and focussed :D x

Well Done.

Kelly how did you do? i only wished you lived near me and then we could of gone together. I joined SW last week on my own everyone was great and you feel really good and inspired when you come out. Good luck.:)

It was great really enjoyed it & will be going back next week to hopefully have lost a few pounds :) Im not starting until tomorrow as i have to buy a few bits before i can do it properly.

Oh and guys just so you know i will probably be bugging the hell out of you all tomorrow when i do eventually start it cause i havent the slightest clue where to start.

Good luck hun, once you've made that step & broken the ice you'll be fine. I'm sure they'll all be very welcoming x

Well done for getting through the door - my first time I couldn't figure out how to get in - I could see the class behind the curtains, but could not find the door! I was about to give up when 2 lovely ladies came out with their books and showed me the right door.
I moved to a different class, but luckily my consultant followed me shortly after and keeps us motivated.

Couldnt find mine either, although afterwards I realised that i was that nervous I had completely bipassed the big yellow sign saying "Slimming World here" with a massive arrow :p

I'm really shy so it was agony going to my first meeting, now i've done a couple of months i look forward to going, i've made some friends and everyone at the group is really nice. we have lots of different size people and some target members who have lost a fair bit over their time. I really enjoy going now. Well done for taking the first step :)

A big well done Kelly and good luck on your slimming world journey :)

Well done Kelly. I am so glad you went.
If you are anything like me you will love the classes. Our ladies (and 1 guy) are all so nice and friendly, and our consultant is great too.
Just yell if you need help. Everyone here is more than willing to help out.
Good luck Kelly!

Back