Not sure what to do....

jessthecat

Ok so I got to my target of 11 stone but now Im not sure if that is still to high I notice on here that a lot of people my height are aiming much smaller....so now Im worried...should I keep dieting or maintaining...... SO CONFUSED!!

SIZE 12
11 STONE WHAT TO DO WHAT TO DO!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fabulous that you reached target! Well done!

The weight you are at is not too high, what other people try or need to achieve should have no bearing on how you feel about yourself right now. A lot also has to do with your age too. Ive just hit target as well, but im 55 and having problems with saggy skin, so if i lose more then im going to have some real problems to deal with. At a younger age you wont have these problems to the same degree, so if you feel that you would look and feel better at a lower weight then go for it. On the other hand if you feel really good at the weight you are now, then why lose more?

I would really suggest that you try to maintain what you have achieved for now, and then come January maybe, decide then if you need to lose anymore. You may find maintaining harder than you think, so it would be good to try to do that for a few weeks before you try to lose anymore, if indeed you need to.

First of all, a big well done! Fantastic weight loss. It can be a bit tricky, comparing your loss to other people's. For a start we're all different shapes, and someone of the same height and weight can look very different depending on their build, how toned they are etc. Loose skin and how much of it you have can be a consideration, and also there's the matter of clothes sizes - I know they vary a bit from store to store, but are yours fitting OK in general?

I ended up going lower than my original goal, but I intended to maintain there. Any further weight loss was accidental initially (not adding back in quite enough to maintain), then I let the process slowly continue over a few months because I was at that annoying in-between-sizes stage.

But BMI 24.9 is certainly good enough - it's just an entirely personal decision. I agree that it can be a good idea to try out maintenance for a few months to see how you get along. There is nothing to stop you re-evaluating your goal at a later stage if you go on to decide you're not quite done, or you might find you're perfectly happy where you are.

Back