NOT VERY SUPORTIVE!

kellymarie3488

Silver Member
Ok so I meet with some of my "mummy" friends today that dont no im doing the diet and passed on the cakes (obviously) leading them to ask are u on a diet again!? so i told them yes i am and said its very restricted and explained how it worked and stuff now my "thin" friend was lovely she said as long as its safe and makes me happy which was just what i needed! but my other "fat" friend said u will put it all back on as soon as u start to eat again! definatly not what i needed! i no that its possible to put it all back on if i eat like i did before but with sensible eating i CAN keep it off! It just made me really mad that she couldnt just support me!

Anyone else had a so called friend like this?

Jealous? And maybe worried that she won't have a "partner in crime" any more?
Some people (including those who care about us) may have a vested interest in us not losing too much weight: they think they won't know you if you lose a lot - especially if they have only ever known you large.

Don't worry - just keep focussed.

Jon
x

I think she mite be a bit, we are both big and she is bigger than me, we did meet whilst pregnant so have only ever known eachother as big ladies. to be honest its made me want to do it more so when im a goal i can say ooh yeah im still a size 10 and came off it months ago!

hope your doing well x

I have the exact thing. I have a friend who is 3 times my size and she thinks that this diet is unhealthy and she would rather lose weight slower and go to the gym. My husband thinks that she would never be able to do this diet that is why she talks bad of it. To be honest, she has been going to the gym for 4 weeks and there is no difference in her weight.

The thing that really makes me mad is, she comes to me for advice on basically everything in her life and trusts my judgement and knowledge but when it comes to this diet she thinks that it is unhealthy. So I said to her "do I look unhealthy to you? or do I look like there are some health issues?". I think this diet would benefit her more then it would me but she just does not listen so I don't care I gave up. I agree with my husband, she would not be able to do LT.

Just ignore her and keep in mind that when she sees you all slim and healthy, you can say "it was the unhealthy diet that got me slim" :D

Sounds like your new determination to be fit and healthy is making her feel insecure...she's trying to bring you down...ignore it.

Yeah, I've had similar stuff from friends and a co-worker.
I've been told about putting the weight back on and how it's really unhealthy to be eating so few calories, etc, etc.
It really p****s me off.
Like being obese is the healthier option! And besides, I've never looked better. My skin is great and my hair is really shiny.

Do they really think I would go on such a hard diet as LT, lose all my excess weight and then go back to my old eating habits?!?!?!?!

Just try to ignore them. The best way to shut them up is to prove them all wrong.
I tend to smile and take the comments in my stride when all I really want to do tell them to keep their ignorant, hurtful comments to themself.

Its a shame that my "fat" friends arnt doing this 2 really coz we would all benifit from the diet and having the support from eachother, but never mind, im constantly on this site which helps loads!! thanks guys x

It's ironic how it always seems to be the 'fat' friend who is the most unsupportive isn't it?

I had this, A LOT! everyone telling me that I'm gonna fail, It won't work, I've even been told that I was going to die. A family member said that I'll end up piling everything back on, she's struggled with her weight too, so I guess because out of their failed attempts in losing weight, they think you will fall down the same path.

This is what I tell every single person who has these pestering comments said at them.

Sod what they think and say.

Your slim friend is giving you support, and it's better to have one person supporting you than doing it completely alone. But even if you didn't have anyone to support you, you have all these wonderful people here on minimins who have/are going through the exact same thing.

You will only fail if you allow yourself to. That friend of yours who's being so negative about it could be jealous that you have the will power to put yourself through such a strict regime, she would probably have never thought in a million years to be able to do what you are doing.

When you've lost your desired weight, gotten through refeed and maintain your weight, you can prove all of them wrong. And who knows, maybe this friend of yours might get inspired and give it a go herself.

Take care sweety, I don't know you, but you will always have my support and the support of everyone on this site.

:gen126:

Ahh thanks Yasmine!! If ever i feel down or like i want food i just come on here and see how much u guys have lost and i put the cake down! lol. x

I got that off everyone but my close family as in my mam and dad. Its highly irritating wen people say that, like i wud be doing this to get fat again yeah right. i tink they assume because we are overweight that we plan on eating crap again after stopping this.

oh and yes overweight people especially people who are on weight watchers an diets like that are really down on this diet. They never say it too my face but its always comments like im doin it the healthy way wen im standing right there uh so annoying but we will all prove them wrong.

xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Yeah exactly her sister done slimming world and has lost about 8 stone and good for her thats brilliant but on the downside it took her about 2 years! I just cant wait to tell her when im at goal! and thinner than her! lol

It is part of human nature that some people just want to begrudge others their successes. You just have to shrug off the negativity of others and stay positive about your decision to use lipotrim as your method of dieting. WE all have free will to choose the diet plan that suits us.
Your friend is probably just disappointed in herself for not being able to address her issues and is lashing out at you more in annoyance with herself than with you. Keep strong.

Same happened to me, too.

Hi hun, the same thing happened to me recently. Met up with a few of my good friends, and the overweight one just kept going on about how she`d done the diet before, and how you just pile all the weight on again afterwards...as she continued to stuff her face with numerous nibbles and alcohol! But the other less overweight friend showed a real interest in what I was doing on LT, and I saw her again yesterday to talk more about the diet. Gave her some info on LT from my pharmacist, and she`s seriously considering starting after Christmas!

Interestingly, the friend that`s the most worried about me is also my best mate, who is as skinny as they come! (She still thinks she`s fat though, so who knows about some people??!) I love her to bits, but I have told her that I feel better than I have in a long time, so there is really no need to worry about me at all.

I have also found that when I tell family members and other people of a healthy weight about my LT diet, they say "you are lovely as you are, you don`t need to lose weight!" I find this sooo frustrating, as how can they possibly know what it feels like to be unhappy and overweight if they`ve never experienced it for themselves??!! Only YOU know how you want to be and how you feel about yourself, so as the saying goes, tell them to mind their own business!! :)

My Hubby didn't want me to do this diet. He felt it couldn't possibly be healthy to not eat at all! I can see where he was coming from, and promised him it would only be for a short while, so he totally supported me from then on. He knew how pi**ed off I was, and how hard I'd tried before that, so was prepared to 'let' me try this and see how I got on- as long as it wasn't for too long? I told NONE of my friends as I knew their reactions would be like yours- "Oh, you'll just put it all back on again when you start eating". Well, nearly 4mths after stopping and I'm the same weight I was when I finished LT (give or take 2-3lbs, it goes up & down within that range). When I came off it, and people started to notice, I just said I'd been on a very strict medically supervised diet for a short time, and everyone accepted that!!
What she said should help give you the determination to see this through to the end- and maintain, just to see her face in a few months!!

well I stopped LT at the end of may and have gone on to lose another stone by sensible eating. I am still maintaining, I am careful in the week but dont bother with my diet at the weekend and my weight is under 10 stone which for my height is fine. I was worried that I would put it all back on, but I was careful with carbs, even with refeed and have introduced them slowly. So basically its up to you, as long as you recognise that you cannot go back to old habits you will be fine.

Definately jealousy creeping in. Beware the 'friends' who say you're looking poorly. They all say 'Ooh I couldn't do that sort of diet' and pooh pooh it. Its just that they don't have the strength and willpower to succeed on this sort of programme : )

Back