Nothing fits :(

It's frustrating with vanity sizing, I can be totally different sizes in different shops.

But I bought two pairs of jeans from Dorothy Perkins both size 16 but one pair fit perfectly and one was way too small! Crazy.

It's frustrating with vanity sizing, I can be totally different sizes in different shops. But I bought two pairs of jeans from Dorothy Perkins both size 16 but one pair fit perfectly and one was way too small! Crazy.

That's happened to me many a time.. It's annoying how different the sizes are I range from 12 (some tops and dresses) to a size 16 .. So no idea what I am. I opt for a 14 as an in between.. X

I agree. You can never go by clothes size really all different. Very annoying

Tell me about it! I can never believe the comment, regularly made in success stories, along the lines of 'I can go into any shop and know that I can pick up a size 10 and it'll fit'. Given that my clothes, from same store and similar style, range between a 10/12 and a 14, I just don't seen how this is possible. (I even have an A-line skirt in size 16 which is tight around the top of my legs, yet have a similar style size 12 which is too big - guess where my problem area is?!)

Yesterday I went to M&S as I need some new trousers suitable for work in either black or navy. My current size 14s are only staying up courtesy of my hips, but even the so-called wide-leg size 12s were too tight around bottom/thighs - fitted nicely in the waist though! Can anyone recommend a shop which is extra generous in the bottom/thigh area? I guess I'd be looking at least a 14 in most stores.

Have you tried Matalan? I find them quite generous.

Back