Nurses!

I work in paeds neurosurgical, neurology, orthopaedic, spinal and complex ent.

I'm long day 24th. Off 25 26. Long day 31 and 1 not as good as my last years Xmas period but at least I have Xmas day off !

I'm on long day 26th then long days on 28th, 29th, 30th, 1st and 2nd!! I'm going to be shattered with so many shifts in a short space of time but pleased to be off Christmas Eve and Christmas Day!
Eagerly awaiting the arrival of my baby nephew due on the 22nd, would be lovely to have a new baby around for Christmas.

I've been really lucky with my shifts as the matron approved my annual leave for christmas week and then I'm on long days 30th and 31st but then off until the 7th Jan.

I'm on long day 26th then long days on 28th, 29th, 30th, 1st and 2nd!! I'm going to be shattered with so many shifts in a short space of time but pleased to be off Christmas Eve and Christmas Day! Eagerly awaiting the arrival of my baby nephew due on the 22nd, would be lovely to have a new baby around for Christmas.
Wow, that's a tough deal. Do you get a long stretch off after the 2nd?

Annual leave, your lucky they don't allow it at our place over the festive period. I'm looking forward to January for a week off worked every weekend in December and Long days 23 24 so good job I've been organised this year or my little boy would have had a very small Xmas pile lol

When I started working at this trust, I was amazed they allowed annual leave over christmas and new year as it's the first trust I've worked at that have allowed it. I'm not complaining though :)

Two long days between me and Xmas ! Will not be around till the other side and ready for the 1st well 2nd jan happy christmas guys !!!!

I'm working Xmas eve and off Xmas day and Boxing Day, got a few random shifts then a long day Hogmanay and off the 1st and back the 2nd so only one public holiday rate for me!

So ready to get back to a class tho and get this weight off!

Merry Xmas everyone and hope that the NHS is kind to us all over the festive period :)

Hope you all had a nice Xmas. Just new year to get thru now. Tidyed the loft out today and found loads of old photos. Depressed me lots as they were all taken jut before or as I met my husband. And now I'm 6 stone heavier :( what probably upsets me more us I spent all if my 20s thinking I was fat and looking back I was bloody hot even I I do say so myself. I am now using myself as my inspiration this photos are now on the fridge in the biscuit cupboard on my Facebook and my screen saver !

Well got weighed yesterday off plan today but ready to kick ass from tomorrow. Have a great new year guys x

Hey nurses! Happy New Year.
Hope you are all well. 2 days back into the plan and I'm feeling good. Am up early to go to the gym for body combat but it's taken major effort to leave my bed!
Post Xmas/new year WI had me 7lbs up from my weight at the start of December :-O am sure some of that must be water or carb bloat but we'll see! WI on Wednesday morning for me. What days do you all WI on? Do you go to groups or do SW from home?
Have a great weekend if you're off and hope the shifts are kind if not xx

hi hope i can join this group im an aux nurse for northumbria NHS trust, i know how hard it can be around the ward with constant sweets and naughty things around. im looking to lose around 2 and a half stone, havent really got a deadline but before my birthday in oct would be great. i joined sw on thurs so only a couple of days in but so far enjoying it. not back on shift till tues so hopefully i can get fully focused on my days off, nice to meet u all xx

Back