O/T... Anyone else hate the School Holidays?

ELAY

It's only the second day of no school... my son is only at pre-school, but he loves it so much and is there from 9 till 1 four mornings a week!! HE IS DRIVING ME CRAZY.....:giveup:

So as he's at home and the weather is rubbish here, he and his brother (18months) are fighting non stop!!!!!!

Oh why oh why did someone invent school holidays...

ooh so do I!! I hated it when my children were younger, as being a single parent the childcare was difficult.

And now? ... well ... I live in a seaside town and you can forget going into town on your day off!!

Yep, I hate school holidays not just because the kids are home for 6 weeks but because they cost an absolute arm and a leg. I live in a seaside town too and although I think people should be holidaying in the uk to support the british economy it is a nightmare here, takes me 30mins to get into down and I live only up a mile long hill from it!

GRRRRR

although I think people should be holidaying in the uk to support the british economy it is a nightmare here, takes me 30mins to get into down and I live only up a mile long hill from it!

GRRRRR

ooh I know that feeling ..... and when people walk in the middle of the road ... sorry stroll in the middle of the road ... not watching where they are going, not watcing their dogs on leads or even their children!!! :eek:

Nope-I looove the school holidays! Could have something to do with the fact that my kids are grown up and I work in a school. It's great to get all that time off!:D

ooh I know that feeling ..... and when people walk in the middle of the road ... sorry stroll in the middle of the road ... not watching where they are going, not watcing their dogs on leads or even their children!!! :eek:

OMG!! I know exactly how you feel. Driving here is a "at your own massive risk" for the next 6 weeks :(

People turning off suddently because they have no idea where they going, dithering around at 5MPH cos they are lost...... GRRRRR!

Nope I love the school holidays - but I work in a school as well - in fact I live for the holidays, I love my job, working with the children etc, but I love the holidays more, I used to work in an office before I had my daughter, then I retrained as a Nursery Nurse and I now work in a High School, supporting children with special needs, there is no way I could go back to office work long hours, and only 4 weeks holiday a year,it would kill me.

not being able to park even as far away from town as my road (over a mile) or even drive down the road safely cos the cars are parked on both sides of the road, on a bend, opposite drives .... but hey, they keep the shops open in the winter i guess ...

I love the holidays because there's the traffic is much better in London

Yes!!! Cause all the silly blighters are down my end of the country! ARGH CARAVANS!!!!!!

I LOVE SCHOOL HOLIDAYS, then again I'm a Primary School teacher- after a year of 30 kids in a class, cramming for SATs, teaching Sex Ed and everything else in the curriculum, climbing trees after distraught children who don't want to leave year 6, or they have a crappy home life.....Try getting 50 children, each playing a musical instrument, at the right time, in time AND musically in front of parents... I'm due a break. I love my job, I love the kids....but ladies and gentlemen...they're all yours!!!! (Last day tomorrow YIPEE!!!!!!)

Yes!!! Cause all the silly blighters are down my end of the country! ARGH CARAVANS!!!!!!

I LOVE SCHOOL HOLIDAYS, then again I'm a Primary School teacher- after a year of 30 kids in a class, cramming for SATs, teaching Sex Ed and everything else in the curriculum, climbing trees after distraught children who don't want to leave year 6, or they have a crappy home life.....Try getting 50 children, each playing a musical instrument, at the right time, in time AND musically in front of parents... I'm due a break. I love my job, I love the kids....but ladies and gentlemen...they're all yours!!!! (Last day tomorrow YIPEE!!!!!!)

lol :rotflmao: ok you have a point (and that includes the caravan part)!!

i dont hate the school holidays, well not for the 1st hour anyway!!

SUPERNANNY.COM IS a lifesaver! Pull some ideas and reward charts printed off you will have a great holiday!

Absoultely pmsl at this thread!!! So many differing views on the school hols, I guess its the ones with young children that find it the worst with the constant bickering and moans of 'I'm bored mum' yep thats the category I'm in!!! I do, however, like the school holidays for the first couple of hours each day... That would be when Mr Twinkle has left for work, before the kids get up, I can either mulch round my peaceful quiet house or go back to my lush king size bed for a lie in!

Then the kids get up, they start off quietly, then get louder, and louder, and louder until you think there is an earthquake downstairs - so you get up and make breakfast and for 5 mins its quiet again while they eat... Then they run upstairs to play and you know its only going to be a short while till they are fighting, so you spend your time in between the tonnes of housework that 3 kids & 2 adults require, making the peace between them, explaining that just because child 1 broke the fantastic lego rocket/car/strange object that child 2 made, it is not ok to punch him in the face or break up his lego in return.

The quiet may return for a bit, but just as the phone rings and you answer it, you get up to 3 screaming kids all demanding that you sort out their siblings immediately and no it wont wait till you finish your phone call!

School holidays - don't you just love em!

Ps - I live in Devon too and tourists really annoy me ;)

I love them because I am a teacher. Whoooo hoooooooo!!!!!!

P.s. yes my three children are driving me bonkers!

Noooooooooooo, my five year old woke up this morning covered in spots... Chickenpox :( Great start to the holidays, just waiting for the other two to show signs now...

Back