O/T blooming mother in law

tara40

Loves Norman Reedus
Now she has said that she would look after my sons first time ever, consider that they are 7 and 3 (not the 14 year old, he wouldnt stay). so we have to take them 70 miles to her house and then she will bring them back the next day.

BUT (always a but) our youngest cannot have his bottle or night time nappy. i said to hubby what the f***. it is up to us if we want him to have a bottle and wear a nappy.
So peeved especially as she has never offered to have them before.

Sorry but I'd get a baby sitter! She sounds a fright! Depriving a 3 year old of a nappy and bottle is downright wicked!

It was her suggestion to have the boys. we never asked her to. as i said before she has never looked after any of my three boys. If we go out now, it is usually only to the cinema, so we make sure the two little ones are in bed and our 14 year old looks after them. we have great neighbours on standby and we have family nearby too.
she is defintiely not doing us a favour.

If it wasn't going to upset your youngest I would sugest you let her so she finds out the hard way just how stuborn a 3 year old is and let her clear up the 'no nappy' mess all night but it isn't fair at all on your little boy for things to be changed so suddenly. In fact I think I would class it as cruel.

What does your husband think?

If I were in that situation I would decline and let her know why you are saying no.

Hi Hun,

Can I just ask WHY she is saying he can't have a night time nappy and a bottle????? What extra stress is in putting a nappy on compared to a pair of pants??? I am totally baffled why she won't!!!

I would say forget it!

my daughter was out of them at three and my lad younger still,

the still had cows milk though till being about 4 or 5.

the only down side is now they are very confident on the loo, but forget it has a handle, i call it a visit from the poo fairy.;)

what the hell is wrong with a nappy and bottle ... for christ sake. Nothing like stressing a little one out in a strange and new environment while apart from mum and dad...... ARRRRRGGGHHHH !!

I hope it gets sorted for you,..... you know your child best !!!

Phil x

If it wasn't going to upset your youngest I would sugest you let her so she finds out the hard way just how stuborn a 3 year old is and let her clear up the 'no nappy' mess all night but it isn't fair at all on your little boy for things to be changed so suddenly. In fact I think I would class it as cruel.

What does your husband think?

If I were in that situation I would decline and let her know why you are saying no.

hubby thinks the same as me.
the problem with letting her have him is that she is 70 miles away so it isnt just a case of popping in the car to collect him.

the thing is, is that she isnt a horrible person, i am lucky really. it is just this thing with the bottle and nappy.

Is there room for compromise with her, surely she would have a better overnight stay if the bottle and nappy was to be ok

Phil x

hubby thinks the same as me.
the problem with letting her have him is that she is 70 miles away so it isnt just a case of popping in the car to collect him.

the thing is, is that she isnt a horrible person, i am lucky really. it is just this thing with the bottle and nappy.

Is it because she believes at 3 he shouldn't be having a bottle or a nappy? If it is then she has no right to insist he gives up these things just to stay with her... she isn't his parent and can't make those decisions. I'm glad your husband is with you on this one - can he tell her that if your boys do go for the night then the youngest will have his bottle and nappy until you as his parents decide to wean him from these things?

Is it because she believes at 3 he shouldn't be having a bottle or a nappy? If it is then she has no right to insist he gives up these things just to stay with her... she isn't his parent and can't make those decisions. I'm glad your husband is with you on this one - can he tell her that if your boys do go for the night then the youngest will have his bottle and nappy until you as his parents decide to wean him from these things?

Exactly correct. I am not making him give up his bottle and nappy. Would love him to give up his nappy but not too bothered about his bottle yet.

Most little ones are still in nappies at bedtime :mad: My daughter stopped using nappies when she was about 3 and a few months old. As for a bottle, is it one with a teat, a baby's bottle? Would he use a sports bottle for instance or a tommy tippee bottle instead? A baby's bottle is very bad for his teeth now he's older.

Back