O/T but I really hate 2 of my kids this morning :(

polishrose

Gold Member
The older one borrowed my guitar for school and then left it in her bedroom...the younger one jumped out of bed onto it this morning and has broken the body of it.I'm absolutely gutted.I bought this guitar when I was 18 and a student so I've had it for 20 years.The worst of it is that I won't be able to afford to repair it.I'm just sat here crying :(

aw sweetie thats horrible for you!
There is nothing more precious in this world that things with sentemental (sp?) value! :(
Big hugs and try not to lock them in the broom cupboard! lol
xxxxx

Awww Rose, I am so sorry, sometimes these children just don't have the wisdom to know how to look after our special things properly.
I have lost count of the things that have gone 'missing' or have become broken.
As I speak now my no 2 and no 4 are going hell for leather at each other and both are in tears.
Sometimes its difficult to like our children.
The guitar can be mended but it is going tio have to be put away fro another time. Just ensure they are grounded or something so at least they understand how serious it is.
Nothing we can say really to make you feel better, but hope you do feel a bit better when you have got them off to school and can calm down a little

xx

Aw i'm gutted for you. We think we bring them up to respect our things and this happens. I try not to say no when they borrow stuff but it breaks my heart when they dont look after it.
Don't despair until a repair man tells you it cant be done.
Mx

I know how you must be feeling, my 2 have yet to learn the magic rules of respect and it grinds me down... The eldest who is 6 loses things all the time, whether it is school uniform, footballs in the street, etc etc... but he never loses HIS toys !!! Everyday I am replacing stuff or searching through the Lost Property tub at school for stuff he hasn't bought so he doesn't care about.
Youngest one (3 ) starts school in September so then I will have both of them at it...
Give me patience to forgive them... if you give me strength I'll kill them !!!!

Tracy

Aw bless you im sure it will be able to be repaired and if not now some time in the near future xxx

Big hugs Rose... really feel for you.

xxx

Aw, poor you!! I know it must have real sentimental value, but havent we all done things as children without realising the real cost....I know I have. Try not to be too hard on them, children are a blessing. A friend of mine has just been told that her son has an incurable illness where his bones are deteriorating and eventually he will be in a wheelchair. Puts everything into perspective. Remember, a guitar can be replaced, your children cant:)

Aw hunnie, I feel for you. Especially as you have had it for so long.

'hate' is a bit of a strong word to use for your children. If I was you, try and take your mind off it for now, and when you get to goal, who knows what gifts you may get from family/friends. Now is the time to start hinting.

Do you give your children spends? (pocket money) You could always knock that on the head to pay for the repair?

Hugs x x x

Aw, poor you!! I know it must have real sentimental value, but havent we all done things as children without realising the real cost....I know I have. Try not to be too hard on them, children are a blessing. A friend of mine has just been told that her son has an incurable illness where his bones are deteriorating and eventually he will be in a wheelchair. Puts everything into perspective. Remember, a guitar can be replaced, your children cant:)

Reading through this thread, i was pretty much thinking the same as this reply above. I'm not one to faff about with words, i prefer to get to the point: don't "hate" your children for something minor like this. i can only say, if it was that sentimental, i for one would never have let anyone touch it...children or otherwise.
put it away, get it repaired someday, ground them to show the importance of taking care of things...and give them a hug. ;)

aww im sorry, hope it gets fixed asap, (i dont have kids.....yet) lol *cringe*

Kids are kids at the end of the day. They need to be taught the value of things and how to respect others belongings. That's why we explain there mistakes to them as Parents. So when they are adults they will know the value of things and respect other people's property.

No one said having kids is easy, of course they will try our patience at times, but we have to be the 'adult' and behave in ways that still gets the message across, but the children know you love them.

HUgs x x x

aww hun, don't worry. you will get it fixed, and hopefully the kids will learn a good lesson to keep their mits off your things!

i don't have kids yet, but i am an only child and subsequently am really anal with my things so i don't know how i would deal with a similar situation. i remember when i took my grandmas diamond engagement ring (without permission) to school with me for show and tell and thought i had lost it, my mum went absolutely ballistic. luckily i hadn't lost it, it was just embedded in my vegemite sandwich in my lunchbox! narrow escape. but seeing my mum so upset was an awful feeling, and has really stayed with me. i now stay well away from her jewellery box!

Oh of course I don't hate them,I was just having a rant as most people on here realised.Everyone with kids has a rant about them sometimes.Don't we all say we LOVE/HATE things without really meaning it?And the holier than thou attitude of "oh my friend's son has an incurable illness and it's only a guitar" really didn't help.I love my kids and yes I'm grateful they are healthy but I have a right to be p*****d off with them too.So thanks to all those who understood that :)
The guitar won't be being repaired because it's simply too expensive...it will cost £100 to fix which I just can't justify on a guitar that cost £65 to begin with, and when a new similar quality guitar costs £160.

Hugs Rose....
Yes of course we know that you don't hate your kids!!
Like I said this morning.. mine often drive me mad but of course we love them!
As for the guitar, When you have the money, the cost will be worth having it repaired. Sentiment doesnt have a cost...
Anyway... hope you are feeling a wee bit better..

x

Hi Rose,

I have just re-read my post and I want to apologise. I think you may have taken what I said the wrong way - but I really didn't intend to upset you, so if I have I apologise. :(

I was in work mode at the time - I'm a child psychologist - need to remember to leave my work head at work!

Hope you're ok, and that your Guitar can be repaired when the pennies are flowing.

Big Hugs x x x

Hey Rose,
So sorry to hear about your guitar. Hope you're feeling a bit better now. As Tilly says, sentimental value is priceless so if it costs almost as much as a new one to repair, if it will still have the same meaning to you, then it's worth it.

Hugs
Thelma xx

Thx emma-it was your post a bit but there were others that annoyed me more.No harm done though.Being a child psychologist sounds interesting-want to come and psychologise my lot? :D

Back