O/T - Come Dine With Me

My local paper had suggestions in this week on how to beat the credit crunch and suggested a come dine with me competition of your own, anyone up for it!!!

As for Dawn if it was alcohol and I suspect it was then she shouldnt have been allowed on the programme, I thought it was rather sad and people were laughing at her when really she needs help. Did you pick up on the fact she had lost a lot of weight, wondered if she had band or something fitted might explain something about her behaviour, ie she cant drink much without it going straight to her head. I dont know I havnt read anything on here about alcohol and small stomachs, anyone have any idea?

I would think how alcohol affects someone wouldn't vary greatly if someone has a reduced stomach as it is more to do with proprtions of alcohol and the blood stream. Having said that, I think she has probably dieted rather than had a reduction as she seemed to tuck a lot of food away. But I am no medical expert and accept others will have more of an idea.

If she does have an alcohol problem, I doubt if the other contestants were aware. My father was an alcoholic and he was VERY clever at hiding it from everyone. People could tell he was by his behaviour, but they would never see him drink much in front of them.

If it was alcohol it clearly is a serious problem shes got as she never drank in front of the cameras when they were filming her, theres been loads of times in the past cooks have been knocking back the drink when preparing and its been shown and commented on by voice over man. If it was drink shes obviously been sneaking it away from the crew.

I cant imagine theyd re edit it because of her drink driving though, that only happened last week and apparantly these episodes were recorded early last year so theyd have been put together probably in the summer. Cant imagine the tv company going to the expense of doing that for her, besides it would have absolutely no bearing on the outcome of her drink driving charge.

Just watched the last episode and have to say she looked as drunk as a skunk at the end when they were announcing the winners, the way she burst into tears and walked away from the table. I noticed she was back sat there at the end but she looked shattered as if she was very drunk and/or very tired. She comes across as fine one minute and awful the next I would love to of watched the show with her to see how she felt at seeing herself....it was good this week though really enjoyed it...xx

She was either slaughtered or had taken something. Agree that its quite sad really to be seen like that by viewers. Producers obviously picked it specially for first one of serious to get people watching following weeks.

Can't wait till next week, but it will prob be really boring as they'll be 'normal'.

Nigel deserved to win he cooked at 2 dinner partys his own and Dawns!! Speaking of which she looked VERY drunk and was slurring her words. I don't think they should have shown it. It's a shame when someone gets into a state like that

Charliegirl & Sue - you can watch the episodes you missed on the channel4.com iplayer .... just go to 'catch up' on the channel 4 website x

Happy to be of service! :)

I spend a lot of time on bbc. itv. and channel 4 iplayers when working my nights!

How have you got your SW awards onto your signature???? Well done on them by the way!! You're doing great!

I've watched all of it this week on catch up. Have to say I didn't even know it was on until I saw the threads, so just had to watch it. Glad I did though!! I've never seen such a bunch of misfits....well matched I think!!

Back